I love my 2 door EX manual, magnesium
By Honda.F1 on
2005 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)
I was only going to buy a Honda or Acura. I was going to get a RSX but after much research I found they have known transmission problems. Do a google search and you'll see. I wanted something more sporty than a Civic but in the end I decided I didn't want to mess with transmission problems over and over again. I read lots of horror stories about people trying to get dealerships to fix their RSX transmission and never getting it done right or saying they could not replicate the problem. I'm very happy with my 05 EX 2 door manual. The only modification I want to do is get the Ground Control coilovers and Koni (yellow) adjustable shocks combination. And maybe a K&N intake for an extra 1-3 HP.
Favorite Features
looks, handling, excellent gas mileage, the excellent reliability Honda is known for, interior/comfort, smooth/light clutch and shifter,
Suggested Improvements
It should come stock with tinted windows and a small factory spoiler. It should also come with a much longer warranty. Hondas are known for not having problems so why not give them a 100,000 warranty. If Kia and GM are doing that then Honda for sure should be. Pricey, but you get what you pay for.