HX is great and it's not a hybrid
By Artycat on
2005 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)
This is a great little car so far. I just bought new for the first time in 15 years. I had been driving a '96 Olds Ciera with the V-6. The HX has more power and is heck of lot more fun than the Olds. I got it for fuel economy. I can't stand what gas is costing but I didn't want to spend what a hybrid costs. (We're cheap in my family.) Anyway, love the little thing; I wish I could've gotten green but white will do. It's the 5 speed manual which is fun after the "old lady" Olds. It's also a heck of lot easier to drive than my last new vehicle which was a '90 Toyota Pickup with 4 speed and 4 cylinders. Love this car so far. I highly recommend it.
Favorite Features
Cute alloy wheels. Roll down windows -- I paid $600 to fix one power window in my Olds about a year ago. Real nice build quality everything fits together well. It feels safer and surer than the Olds. I got the side air bags to help with safety; these are worth the extra money.
Suggested Improvements
Better TIRES the Dunlop SP20FEs are garbage. I'll have to spring for new ones before the snow flies. Oh, better cup holders with adjustable sizes -- I like very large drinks.