2005 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Honda Woes

2005 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

Honda Woes
By bobr on

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this Hybrid only becaue I thought the Toyota Prius was ugly. Well I had it for a few months and I like it. I received a recall letter from Honda claiming the hybrid's computer software was defective and needed to be updated. I took it to my dealer and when they applied the update the computer crashed. My hybrid has been dead at the dealer for 15 days now while I wait for Honda to locate a replacement computer. I consider this service unacceptable and I feel that Honda should have shipped a new computer to my dealer immediately after then found out a new car they sold was dead due to a recall "fix". I should have bought the Prius. I am very disappointed with Honda's lack of concern.

Gas mileage.

Honda needs to start making more of an effort to remedy their mistakes in a timely manner so a new car owner is not left with a dead car for over 15 days. That's unacceptable!!!