2005 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Don't believe the hype

2005 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Review

Don't believe the hype
By Julie on

2005 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I hate this car. I cannot tell you how much I extremely dislike this car. Metal is way too thin - I have 3 major dents from damage in parking lots. When you let the windows down to clear off dew in the morning, the rubber gasket doesn't make contact with the window so it does not clear off the dew. Makes me wonder if rain is running straight down into the door. I have a vibration that started at about 5000 miles and I have had to have it fixed 3 times. They tell me that the AC cable that is running in the dash just behind the speedometer keeps coming loose and vibrating against the firewall. R rear window has a whistle (air leak) very annoying. of course thats a gasket problem - not covered.

36 MPG, a button that allows the inside air to recirculate

Better wiper motor - Wipers are weak and don't clear the windows. No fast forward on factory CD player. Radio has buttons for a tape player even though there isn't one. Carpet in back floor bubbled up - nothing ever spilled there. Thicker metal.