Best car we've ever owned...
By J. W. on
2005 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
We brought this car for a number of reasons, all of which are on the Lefty side of the political spectrum. We are not disappointed. I drive this car 56 miles every day to and from work, most of it is highway with a ten mile jaunt through a small semi-rural town. In the summer I was getting 42 mpg while in the winter it fell all the way down 31 mpg. You will find that the car's engine will not shutdown at stops when it is cold out which can be a bit of a problem up here in Minneasota. Further, when you have the defrost on the econ system, which makes the car shutdown at stops, deactivates. All in all I'm overjoyed with this cars performance on the winter roads, it handled like a dream!
Favorite Features
The gas mileage first and foremost. My last car was a Buick Roadmaster and my wallet noticed the difference the first week I drove the Honda. It's surprisingly roomy! I'm a 6'0, 285 lb former pro-wrestler and I don't feel boxed in when I'm driving.
Suggested Improvements
Come up with a "cold weather version" which allows the car to shutdown at stops in colder weather and figure out a way for the defrost and the econ system to work at the same time. Eveything else I'm happy with.