2005 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
My Civic
By Ricardo on 03/21/05 13:32 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

It's been a month since my purchase and I can't be happier. I went into the dealership looking to get the EX but for an additional $250, I could get the SE; less than the cost of the 6 disc CD changer upgrade and the in dash system plays MP3s! The leather steering wheel is also a nice extra. It's the perfect commuter car with some extra oomph. There's good compromise between comfort, low emissions and performance.

05 Civic LX
By Jeremy on 03/13/05 00:59 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a 05 Civic LX with the 5-speed about a week ago. I really enjoy it, but if you can afford it go with the EX for the extra power. They get equal fuel economy, but at a $3K premium it might be worth it. My LX is ok but I do long for the V-TEC, and the moonroof. I would recomend the Honda service plan. It cost me $1K but is bumper to bumper for 5 years or 100K miles. The coupe is a lot of fun to drive, it is sporty but a little under powered. This is the second Honda I have owned, and have nothing but good things to say. Very reliable, and very good with resale price. Check your insurance rates before you buy. There are a lot of security features i.e. computer chip in the keys.

Make an EX EXtra Special
By Kenneth Lichtig on 03/11/05 02:29 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe HX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I will be purchasing a 2005 Civic Hybrid 3Q05. This is the most refined Civic in the history of the Civics. It is not a perfect car by no means. The SI 160 hp should be offered as an option because 127 hp is too anemic climbing the passes in Los Angeles.Acura sells a version in Canada called the EL. The EL has accord style taillights. You can get leather interior,fog lamps,heated seats and wood trimed as standard equipment on the Touring Model.The EX buyer should also have these choices of factory leather, fog lamps or wood trimed dash.We have a 02 Civic EX which will be my wife's car when we purchase the hybrid model later this year.

The way to go
By daniel on 03/10/05 12:13 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I just went to look at the honda for acomparison to the scion tc. After driving it though I fell in love. The car is roomy, well made and above all else a blast to drive, definitely not what i expected from a "plain old honda". Though it is down 30hp from the scion it feels just as quick. the interior is much less gimmicky then the scion. all the buttons and what have you are easy to find and use, and the transmission is silky smooth. My insurance premium barely went up as well from my old '89 accord and I only had liability on it. I have averaged 36MPG with mixed driving conditions, a definite plus. If you're in the market for a sporty economy car don't count out the civic. It's a best buy.

Awesome
By STUD on 03/09/05 18:17 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This car is fantastic. I bought a 2005 lx special edition 2 door coupe and I love it. Its quick, looks great, and with Honda's reliability you cant go wrong.

Review Title
By Chris on 03/08/05 13:24 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

car doesnt fell sturdy especially when turning. braking ok acceleration ok. its cramped even for a 2 door. the car constantly feels like it is trying to control me rather than me control it.

Having fun with an "economy car"
By Crowdpleaser on 03/07/05 20:30 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I am a first time owner of a "foreign" automobile. I was very impressed with the peppy VTEC engine and "tight" handling my Civic has. It is lots of fun to drive. The front seats are comfortable. But being that it is a coupe, the back seat is a little difficult to access. The gas mileage is amazing for such a quick little car. I am getting about 32 to 36 MPG in my combination city and highway driving. By just closing the door and the solid feel it has when doing so, you know that you are driving a car that is an excellent value for the money.

I Love It !!
By LB on 03/04/05 13:12 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my civic. I owned a hooked up Acura Integra and I was going back and forth on the civic be/c there are so many on the road. To my suprise ... I love it! Being that it's a special edition, they should've given it more horsepower, but you can improve that on your own. The engine is quiet, the stereo is great and the interior is nice, especially the dash. Overall, it's the best value for your buck!!

Civic Ex SE
By Civic Ex SE on 02/25/05 09:40 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I like the gas mileage, although I wonder if I shouldn't have purchased a hybrid since the gas prices are soaring. The car has an appealing design and it's comfortable and dependable.

Love it
By Ashley on 02/21/05 18:50 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I love my new car! I looked at and test drove car after car after car .... and as always fell in love with the Honda. It drives great and is very easy to handle. Its also very roomy and comfortable.