Used 2005 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Good outweighs bad!
By HondaMan

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

My Civic is great. The gas mileage is exceptionally good, power is adequate, and so far it's been extremely reliable.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage! Reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Both heat & a/c are weak! If you live in a cold climate, avoid this car as heat is simply not adequate. A/C is weak too but not as bad as heat. Road noise is terrible. Dealer was AWFUL too! Both their sales and service depts are really poor. Windshield needs sunshade band at top.

I hope this thing is reliable
By ricardo

2005 Honda Civic Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Just got this thing. Seems like the mileage is great, acceleration is slow but it cruises nicely. The interior, however, is quite cheesy looking and appears to be made of cheap material. The seats are faded and the material is worn looking, the upholstery is falling off the door panels. Car shows signs of poor assembly and should not look this way at 40,000 miles and 3 years old. Handles well, but rides horribly.

Favorite Features

Dealer

Suggested Improvements

Better materials-better assembly

A Gas-Sipping Treasure
By danho76

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a Certified '05 Civic EX SE A/T with 9,000 miles via Ebay. I drove it 650 miles back home and it was a pleasure. The ergonomics of the controls are stellar; the comfort of the seats superb, and the driving experience a pleasure. I averaged well over 40 MPG on the freeways; I am averaging well over 30 MPG around town. I love the sound system and head unit on the SE; I also like the leather-wrapped steering wheel & the spoiler. All the controls are intuitive & easy to use. The ride is supple yet the car is eager and willing through corners. Fit & finish are impeccable both inside the car and outside. Even with the automatic transmission, the car is peppy.

Favorite Features

Suspension, engine, gauges, power accessories. Car looks sharp.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any. The Civic is an all-around superb vehicle.

Better Than I expected!
By Margaret

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've always driven large vehicles - Jeep Grand and big Dodge Truck - switching to a smaller "car" was a huge step and it turned out that I made the right choice with the Honda Civic. It meets all of my expectations. I'm a realtor and my clients approve!

Favorite Features

Good gas mileage, cute, reliable, service is excellent.

Suggested Improvements

Put a light in the glove box. Make the light in the trunk go off even if the lid is not down all the way but almost--then I could leave it open and not worry about the battery going down--and not have to open it when I'm working out of it.

Basic, but very well done
By Kev in California

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car is Oct of 2004 and have had no issues with the car. It is not fast, but handles good. I wish they would have had a 5 door version of this at the time. The interior plastic scratches to easily. Interior noise can be high at times. I get 30-35 mpg with a mix of city and highway driving. The front break discs warped slightly. I had that problem with the 1998 Civic I had. Never had that issue with any brand of car I have owned which includes Mazda, Nissan, and Ford. If you want an excellent point A to point B car that will not break the bank, this is a great choice. I am sure there is a lemon 2005 Civic out there somewhere, but most people I know love the car. I love mine

Favorite Features

It is very reliable. Good MPG and good handling.

Suggested Improvements

Brakes should be stronger and interior noise is to much at times. Classical or soft music is hard to hear in this car at times. The stereo is good, but not great. Would have loved another 40 horse power.