2005 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Good, not super
By Clayton on 09/20/05 14:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

This car is very nice, but after driving an Accord, even an older one such as mine (94-97), it doesen't feel substantial. It drives real light, which is good for cornering, but not for feeling safe pulling out into traffic!

An amazing car at an amazing price!
By Chris H on 09/17/05 15:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I owned a Ford Escort before buying my Civic Value Package in July of 2005. The car was brand new when I purchased it and I knew right away this was the car for me. I love the solid feel and the generous performance I get from this car. I usually get just under 300 miles per fill-up in town and about 350 if all the driving in interstate. I would HIGHLY recommend this vehicle to anyone looking to buy a reliable and cost effecient vehicle.

Rethinking My Purchase
By Nate on 09/15/05 12:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle September, 2005. I considered buying the 2005 Nissan Sentra but got a better deal with the Civic. I traded in a 1998 Civic which to me is a better vehicle performance wise than the 2005 model. There is considerable drain on the engine when accelerating to highway speed. The air conditioner is less than desirable on extreme hot days. Braking is poor. Someone missed the mark when they said gas milage is 38/29. I get approximately 31/23. It might be a Honda, but this is a low budget automobile and you get what you pay for.

My First Car
By angie on 09/15/05 08:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This truly is an amazing car. I love it! It's fun, smooth, and I love my purple lights in my dash! Just beautiful.

Great for city driving
By AZ Twins fan on 09/13/05 15:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I previously owned a V6 Accord but with fuel prices so high and my fuel economy so low it was time for a change. The switch to the (ULEV)Civic was the best move I could have made. It has all the features I expect along with great fuel economy (Sorry large truck and SUV folks 12 hwy/8 city is NOT good gas mileage) and is very quiet to drive both in town and on the highway. I'm saving about $15-20 per week on gas vs. the Accord so far and have never looked back. So if you need a great small sedan to zip around town or for those weekend getaways I would highly recommend this car.

I love my honda
By Gina Houser on 09/12/05 12:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Although I have only had my honda for a few days now, I can already tell that it is going to be a great car. I love the way it rides and the look of the honda civic. It gets great gas mileage and it is fun to drive.

Great Car!!
By Chris on 09/10/05 00:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Hey, awesome gas mileage, low insurance rates and Honda's excellent reputation. I couldn't go wrong. It's speedy enough, handles corners well (especially when compared to my old Xterra) and is just fun to drive. Comfortable all the way.

2004 CIVIC HYBRID
By DJL on 09/08/05 13:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've thoroughly enjoyed my Hybrid. Going from a minivan to a subcompact, I thought the transition would be difficult, but the trade off has been worth it. The paint seems to be extremely delicate, nicking if you even look at it! I am not getting the mileage I was led to believe I'd be getting; however, as I do a LOT of highway driving, I'm getting anywhere from 40-44 mpg, which compared to my minivan is excellent. I fill up twice a month whether I need to or not. Overall, I'm very glad I went Hybrid. Even if I'm not getting the mileage I think I should be getting (50+), I have on occasion hit 50 (rarely) but I still feel as if I'm doing something positive for the environment! Win-Win

My first brand new car.
By A.Shane Travis on 09/05/05 16:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

So far so good. A fun to drive, sporty, sexy car. Great handling, smooth shifting, stylish machine and you cant beat the gas mileage or the preformance of the four- cylinder engine. Excelent enginering!

I love my new Honda!
By SKIP05 on 08/31/05 14:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my new Honda now for 3 months. I went from a Toyota Camry which I loved dearly until it was totaled in May. I had about a week to find a new car that I liked. I have always been a Toyota girl, until I started driving my Civic. I love it. The guys at the dealership were great even though they knew I was going to have to purchase a car. The dealers at Toyota were not very nice at all. My car is awesome!