2005 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Love this car
By luvmycivic on 02/17/08 22:54 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Never had a problem in 3 years. Started without any problems every time. Only complaint is there is not enough room for front passenger's feet with legs stretched forward and I'm short. Minor shortcoming however and would definitely recommend. Sat in back seat a few times and was surprised how roomy it was.

Fun and Smart! Who Knew?
By Sheryl on 01/18/08 06:09 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is absolutely the best overall car I've ever owned (40- something... I've had a few). It's fun, fast, economical, and rates fairly well for the environment for a non-hybrid. I'm delighted with the performance and dependability, and find the design unique. As an event coordinator, I haul a lot of gear, and am continually amazed at how much we can fit in this bad boy! It's just the bomb!

Great Buy
By Jim Fawcett on 01/01/08 06:38 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Value Package 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my Honda Civic VP for 2 1/2 years and have to say it is great on gas, comfortable (I'm 275) and needs nothing...ever. I get around 450 miles before I fill up and it takes about 12.5 gallons each time, so gas is brilliant. The seats are wide enough for my back and shoulders when almost nothing this size seems to be. I think the car drives as good as the day I bought it and could easily do 200,000 miles. I bought it for $13,400 and it's worth #10,500 2 1/2 years later? Unbelievable resale value. I just wish I bought the four door not the two door, but the manual is zippy not like the automatic.

Wonderful car, but...
By Durer on 11/26/07 09:50 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic EX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

The Honda Civic EX Special Edition Coupe is a really terrific sporty little car, but it's missing just one thing... oomph! I mean, it zips around just fine, vroom, vroom, and all that, but when you put your foot down, and I mean really put your foot down, it just doesn't respond like you want it to. I, personally, think a little sport coupe like this should throw you back in your seat and take off like a bat out of hell when you punch it, but the Civic just doesn't. Other than that, though, it's a totally terrific vehicle, thumbs up and 4-stars all the way

Gas Saver
By clecakes on 11/25/07 12:36 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

Great dependable car. I have gotten as high as 52.9 MPG. Driving on secondary flat roads at 45-55 MPG. I never got less that 43MPG and that's with the A/C going full blast. I am getting an average of 47MPG over the past 7,000 miles. I am 6'-1" and I have plenty of head and leg room. I have no trouble keeping up with traffic at interstate speeds and the car will run along with ease at 80 MPH. Gas mileage suffers above 70MPH. Handles like a dream which makes me wonder why everyone isn't driving one. I drive it every day and with the price of gas at $3.20 per gallon this vehicle is a real money saver.

Reliable, but uncomfortable,noisy
By Sue on 10/14/07 15:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Honda Civic EX Coupe now for over 2 years, and found it is not the car for me. Found this out after renting a 2007 Mazda3 for a week, and discovered it is much more comfortable, more responsive turning and brakes, fabulous interior instrumentation! Over time, have found the Civic difficult to get in and out of, seats very uncomfortable, and long distance trips are painful. Biggest complaint is road noise! I've driven on the highway and been unable to hear conversations with other passengers, or music unless it is very loud! Would not purchase this car again.

Perfection
By Andy on 10/08/07 11:35 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new and have owned it almost three years. It's hard to express my satisfaction! My last three tanks of gas got 37, 39, and 41 mpg, which is normal. The car has more than adequate power, the ride is smooth, the road noise is about right for this class of car. So far the car has worked perfectly, only routine maintenance, which is easy to do yourself. This quality of this car feels better than the new Civic.

Equalizer
By Bob on 10/04/07 14:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

I put on over 100 miles a day, 70 on the hwy and 30 in town. Since I bought my Honda Civic (5 speed stick) 2 months ago I have a cumulative average of 48 mpg. This has made our move out to the country make much more sense. I named the car the Equalizer.

Hybrid 2005
By beebee on 09/30/07 09:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

Like everything about the car. Gets great gas mileage, about 37 mpg combined. It's a nice alternative to the Prius which has a weird display in the middle of the car. Wish the seats were softer but can always get a little cushion. I am very very happy with this car.

Kissi's Review
By HONDA CIVIC on 09/24/07 13:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This car is excellent, the pickup is great, gets about 30 miles to the gallon. And with current gas prices, that's excellent! I'm at 56,000 miles and had to replace tires and a battery - that's all! I am looking forward to another great year from my Civic.