Used 2005 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Most Helpful|
I hope this thing is reliable
By ricardo

2005 Honda Civic Value Package 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Just got this thing. Seems like the mileage is great, acceleration is slow but it cruises nicely. The interior, however, is quite cheesy looking and appears to be made of cheap material. The seats are faded and the material is worn looking, the upholstery is falling off the door panels. Car shows signs of poor assembly and should not look this way at 40,000 miles and 3 years old. Handles well, but rides horribly.

Favorite Features

Dealer

Suggested Improvements

Better materials-better assembly

Beware of the lemon
By Josh

2005 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

If you are thinking of buying a Honda beware, I bought a Honda thinking that it would be a great investment and that it would be worry free. Two weeks later, my A/C did not work properly. Two weeks after I had it repaired, it failed to start. I took it back to the dealership and they could not find a problem and I still have this issue. I have called Honda and they are not concerned with having a defective product. As soon as I can I will get rid of this vehicle. The myth that imports are better vehicles are just that myths. There is a lot of noise in the vehicle my 05 will rattle down the interstate, I hear a clicking everytime the windshield wipers come on, and won't start everytime

Favorite Features

Gas mileage. The only time I am happy with this vehicle is when I have to fill it up.

Suggested Improvements

Have a company that is concerned with an inferior product and wants to find the problems with their vehicles. Don't really care will be the last Honda I own.

Hondas are not all they're cracked up to
By never again

2005 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2005 civic ex coupe because I needed something that was fuel efficient which this one was not. From the time that I bought it I only managed to get 23 miles to the gallon in town, and on cold days it had trouble starting. The interior build quality was junk - push any where on the dash and the whole thing flexes, took to the dealer they could not explain the poor fuel economy or cold start issue, and by the way i only ran chevron premium in it. In the end i traded it in. I definitely do not recommend honda to anybody!!!

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Improve ride, more comfortable seats,

Wouldn't buy another one .. ever
By g mack

2005 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

The drivers seat is very uncomfortable, they totally missed on the design and I am a normal size man.Trunk lid leaked from day one due to poor workmanship. The power window on the passeger's side didn't work properly and I had to take it to the dealer twice. In general, just very poor construction of an automobile.

Suggested Improvements

Throw the driver's seat out and start from scratch on a redesign. High noise level on the highway, plus poorly designed and built body.

Just ordinary
By Joshua Williams

2005 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Reliable transportation but little else. Starts, goes, stops just fine, and it looks okay. Absolutely terrible ride quality (harsh, bouncy, crude & unrefined), sun visor fabric is rotting away, door fabric coming unglued, hole in driver's floor mat at 5,000 miles, thin paint on thin sheet metal, crappy speakers already failing, no lock on glove compartment, no tint strip at top of windshield, no passenger door power lock button, loses power steering fluid every 6 months, too few features for the money overall. Because of this Civic, Honda has lost me as a customer for good.

Favorite Features

Comfortable driver's seat, good ergonomics, very good fuel ecomomy, good interior room vs. exterior size, price, reliabilty of mechanicals, resale value.