2005 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Fine Car
By jsavage21 on 01/25/06 13:19 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

The main things that have impressed me so far with my honda is the interior design.It is superb, especially for a vehicle in this price range. The performance also is good and makes this car fun to drive. I am not hot about the exterior design, but its handling and interior make up for it. Improvements: Widen the Body design,include a better sound system, add disc brakes and remote trunk entry. (which they have done to some extent with the 2006) I would recommend this vehicle based on my experience so far-Honda does hold up to its reputation for building cars that are fun to drive, display attention to quality and detail and reliable.

My Civic and More!
By Ray Palmer on 01/05/06 15:14 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I drive 40 miles one way to work and needed a car with good gas mileage. Also a care that was fun to drive at a great price. I found all of this in my Civic EX. I have over 8,000 miles on my Civic and it's still tight, no rattles or other noises. The instrument panel is easy on the eyes with great gauges. The trunk is very roomy and love the fold down back seat which adds to extra trunk room. The engineers designed a great car that rides smooth and looks great too. There are 3 things that is a must when I'm looking for a new car, 1 good reliability, 2 A/C & heating and 3 a great sound system. My Civic EX has it all and more!

Don't buy if you live in cold climate.
By PeeWee on 12/26/05 20:04 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Everything is great about this car, except the climate control. I love the car, but the "heat" and a/c are very lame. It gets great gas mileage and easily holds 75 mph on the interstate. Fortunately not too much has gone wrong.

Great car and fun to drive
By Gary F. on 12/14/05 10:41 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I have not owned a car in about 15 years. My truck is a gas guzzler so I bought a civic. It gets great gas mileage and is fun to drive. Drove home in a rain/ice/snow storm recently and the car handled the icy road very well.

Better than expected!
By Cri on 11/18/05 16:18 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Honda. I have owned Chevys, Subarus, Mazdas and Pontiacs. I am sold. The tag said 36 mpg... I'm getting 42 mpg city. I am one happy owner of a little car.

Dependable/Fun Car
By Amanda on 10/29/05 14:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

The Honda Civic EX special edition 4door manual is a really fun car to drive. The interior of the vehicle is also extremely nice. I have only noticed a few minor things that I don't like. For example the paint on the front bumper is peeling but other than that problem it's a great car. I can't wait to get another one.

I LOVE MY CAR!!
By Lori on 10/28/05 18:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a fantastic vehicle. I am a single working mom with one child and this car has been GREAT. The price was perfect and the fuel economy helps my pocket book tramendously. Not to mention the style and comfort of the vehicle. I need room but I am also single and still want to have fun. I could not have made a better choice on a vehicle.

Great Car!
By AMM on 10/23/05 10:40 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Civic in July and then left on a 15000 mile cross country trip. As a four cylinder car, it doesn't shoot up the mountains but more than makes up for that in its handling ability. On the highway at crusing speeds of 75-89, it was wonderful and with cruise control on, the gas mileage was top notch (regularly 41 mpg). The interior of the car is spacious, given the compact size of the car and the features (radio, AC, etc.) are convenient and easy to reach.

Really love this car!
By 2006Honda Civic on 10/04/05 10:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Had a huge van before. This car is so easy to drive, park & most of all see out of! Love seeing my speed in big letters! Also, can't miss the gas guage. The gas lasts really long too! It is beautiful, inside & out. Totally happy with it all!

Learning to Love My EX
By mustache on 10/03/05 15:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Just got my new 2005 EX sedan this weekend. Had to get rid of my gas guzzler as I drive 45 miles to work. I like the car so far. Road noise is a bit excessive. But the car is tight and fun to drive. Build quality is great as I have not found a single defect. I need to drive this car about 200K miles to get my money out of it. So it better last! I live on a dirt road so we will see if it holds up.