2005 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Hybrid Fan!
By Charlotte on 06/28/05 22:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

I love only having to fill my tank once every week and a half to two weeks! It has more power to it than my last Honda!

IMA fan!
By Civic Duty on 06/28/05 18:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love my new Civic hybrid. My first tank or two was disappointing in the high 30 MPGs, but I've learned to drive it so that it easily gets into the 50's, and I even had one highway trip of 500 miles average out to over 60 mpg. Those people who are disappointed with the mileage need to realize that if you drive it like a sports car, you're not going to realize the EPA mileage stats - which is true of any car. This car is a far cry from the rusty pickup truck it replaced. It drives incredibly smoothly, and is utterly quiet on the road and at a stoplight. A real pleasure to drive, and I'm smiling all the way to the pump. Unlike other hybrids, it looks, feels, and drives like a real car!

Whining noise CTV transmission
By PAA on 06/28/05 14:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Am formerly loyal, multi-Honda owner: Had problems from week 1 with intermittent high pitched whine from Hybrid CTV. Honda replaced transmission. 2nd trans was quite for about 1000 miles, then whine started again. VERY DISSATISFIED-6 months of hassles. Honda says this is interent and cannot be fixed....Have asked Honda to buy back or trade for a quite car. Anyone else?

Love my Hybrid
By HybridFan on 06/23/05 08:02 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I absolutely love my Honda Civic Hybrid. It has all the great features of the mainline Civic (already the most popular compact car in America) with the added perks of the Hybrid technology. It looks, feels and drives exactly like a traditional Civic model (unlike the quirky Toyota prius model - I feel like I'm in a space mobile). I average about 45mpg (in both city/highway driving). The extra money I spent on the Hybrid has already come back to me with my tax credit. On top of this, I feel an extra sense of satisfaction when I make fewer stops at the gas station - which is saving me hundreds of dollars each year. I highly reccommend this vehicle to anyone who is in the market for a new car.

Hybrid Surprise
By Joe Brady on 06/16/05 14:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought the Civic Hybrid to ensure that my wife could make her 100 mile (round trip) commute even if gas were to be rationed. Her other car is a Mercedes, and although she says that the Merc "fits her better," she has only driven it three times in the three months that we have had the Civic. On the rare occasions that I have been permitted to drive the Honda, I have been impressed with its fit, finish, and general willingness to do whatever I ask it to do. It is definitely a small, light car, but it is almost silent at speed, and surprisingly lively. We are averaging 45mpg to date, and make no special attempts to conserve fuel. Overall, the Civic Hybrid was a great choice.

Disappointing
By caloosa on 06/14/05 08:41 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The car is suppose to be most efficient in the city. However, the hybrid doesn't perform any better than a non-hybrid civic. It averages 34-35 mpg when it is rated at 48/47 mpg. A very annoying feature is the air conditioning. Living in the south, we really need a strong air conditioner, however, the hybrid shuts down when you are stopped. This is to save gas, but the air conditioner also shuts down and temperatures in the car can be unbearable if you are stopped for long! For the price that I paid for the car, I could have purchased a much more luxurious vehicle with more bells and whistles and just slightly lower gas mileage. Hold out for a Prius!

Great Value for the Money
By Bill on 06/14/05 00:22 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Honda Civic Hybrid is a great car if you are looking for affordable, reliable, gas saving fun. Everyday this car continues to amaze me. In the Winter I was getting 51+ mpg (in AZ) and I'm getting 46 mpg with the AC running. It is a typical Honda with great build and quality.

best mileage you can get in 4 door car
By hybrid civic on 06/01/05 18:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

An awesome Honda that combines 4 door, multi person capability with totally awesome mpg with the 5 speed. Mine has over 80 K miles and I frequently get 80 + mpg on hiwy with cautious speeds (not exceed limit of 55). Special driving techniques also gives 60++ mpg suburban driving ! Easily goes over 800 miles per tankful on regular gas.

Civic Hybrid ROCKS!
By Byron on 05/22/05 10:31 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just got really tired of filling up my Silverado at $50-$55 a fillup and only about 350 miles for that much cash, so I traded for the Civic Hybrid. Now I get over 600 miles for around $25 a fillup. The Civic even has more front seat legroom, and since I am over 6 ft tall, this is big. It's only an inch, but it does make a difference. Seats are as comfortable as the truck, visibility is great also.

Good review of the Honda Civic Hybrid
By Paul Ebel on 05/19/05 15:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

The car works just fine. I find one "funky" feature and that is the electric power steering. If the engine turns off at all stoplights then the power steering cannot be the normal hydraulic type. I think the electric steering assist is jumpy and not nearly as satisfying as the hydraulic kind. This is my only objection to the car. Otherwise it is a great car,