Used 2005 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

I love this car!!
By dani

2005 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I just got my Honda Civic and i love it! my mother-in-law has the 2 dr version and she loves it she has had it since 2006 and has only had to change the battery on it! plus the gas mileage is amazing!

Looks, performance, space

fun w/ 5spd but a dog on the HWY
By mkm230

2005 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car a year ago to replace an aging 1993 Accord ex. Loved the build quality, comfort, and the moonroof that the Accord had. Given my history with Honda, I wanted to stick with them. So far, the 05 Civic has been a great car. Higher than average gas mileage for its class, comfortable seats, fun to shift through the gears w/ the 5spd. However, on the highway the noise level gets a little tiring after an hour or so. Doesn't have much power on hills, but keep in mind it's no v6. Had no problems as far as maintenance goes. Just change the oil and go. Just do the normal 105,000 service and you're good for another 105!

gas mileage, 5 spd tranny, responsive handling, gauges, easy to park, and as always with Honda, good visibility.

no ABS on LX model. Noisy on the highway. Miss my EX model!

Nice Economical Car
By kurisu

2005 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in 2005. It has 75,000 miles. Only thing I've done on it is replace engine mount ($250); oil change, and replace tires. I've done Honda's recommended service at 30K and 50K. I have not changed the brakes yet or had any major repairs. The car gets excellent gas mileage. The car is very reliable and economical to drive. This car should not be thought of as a luxury car, but more as a practical car.

No major repairs and low maintenance cost.

The car can be boring to drive, but again it is meant to be an economical and practical car.

Happy Honda Customer
By Happy Honda Customer

2005 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in Dec. 2004. I was glad I made the purchase. This car has been very good to me. I kept up with the oil changes and the 30, 60, 90,000 mile service. I know have about 90,000 miles on it and I plan to keep it until I can't drive it anymore. The engine seems to have a high noise. The fuel economy isn't as good as it used to be probable because of the ethanol they are putting in the gas nowadays. I used to get on average 36 miles to the gallon now I get about 30 mpg. Could have better pick up in first gear. The throttle response is a little low. It kinda lags. However passing other cars is a breeze. Has some rattling hear and there.

Fuel economy. Reliability. Easy to read dash, except when the sun is behind you. Tighter turning radius. This car hugs the road.

Lower the engine volume. Better insulation in the bottom of the car for a smoother ride. Power windows seem to die after about 70,000 miles.

My SI
By Isemaidn

2005 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback w/Side Airbags (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I haven't done this before, but am very impressed with my Honda SI. Not only is it fun to drive (and I love where the gear shift is) but it is reliable. I haven't had any mechanical issues, unlike my VW Jetta diesel. The road noise is a little high, but with my muffler, I accept that as being my option. I only wish it was 4 door, instead of 2. With two small nephews that I constantly drive with, it is hard to get them in their car seats. I give this car an A+. Honda did an awesome job and stands behind their workmanship (so far). It drives well on the snow, as I live in the AK. Job well done, Honda!

Gear shift, seats, easy to read odometer...

Heated seats and side mirror.