2005 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews 7

2005 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Great Gas Mileage
By Had to Have a Honda on 09/04/08 10:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Daughter bought this car new and it now is just passing 30,000 miles. Drove it back and forth to college, and we are very comfortable in knowing that since it's a Honda, it will give her years of dependable driving as she gets settled in her career. Had a problem with the cruise when she first got it, but was covered by warranty. Gas mileage is excellent! 40 city/45 highway. Had AC installed at the dealer. No complaints with the car at all. Put new tires on it recently, so she's good to go till she hits 100K. Don't see too many HX models on the road, but hers was reasonably priced and worth the investment.

I hope this thing is reliable
By ricardo on 08/18/08 16:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Value Package 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Just got this thing. Seems like the mileage is great, acceleration is slow but it cruises nicely. The interior, however, is quite cheesy looking and appears to be made of cheap material. The seats are faded and the material is worn looking, the upholstery is falling off the door panels. Car shows signs of poor assembly and should not look this way at 40,000 miles and 3 years old. Handles well, but rides horribly.

Civic sets the bar
By crossfive on 07/24/08 06:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic LX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is a our commuter car (110,000) 108 miles a day, mostly highway @ 70mph. We get 35 to 38 mpg. We were pretty smart in 05 to get it then. I'm 6'1 and find it ok for the hour drive. My 16 year old twins hate the back seat but that is what the mini-van is for. Ok for quick hops. We have the autotrans (my wife's choice) and that takes some getting used to when braking. It automatically down shifts and feels like an additional brake. Before this Civic we had an 02 lx and it did the same thing. A feature? The 02 was never the same after the deer strike so we traded it in. All in all, great vehicle and we are looking at the 08 Civic lx - and the boys can't wait to get the 05

A Gas-Sipping Treasure
By danho76 on 06/05/08 22:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic EX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a Certified '05 Civic EX SE A/T with 9,000 miles via Ebay. I drove it 650 miles back home and it was a pleasure. The ergonomics of the controls are stellar; the comfort of the seats superb, and the driving experience a pleasure. I averaged well over 40 MPG on the freeways; I am averaging well over 30 MPG around town. I love the sound system and head unit on the SE; I also like the leather-wrapped steering wheel & the spoiler. All the controls are intuitive & easy to use. The ride is supple yet the car is eager and willing through corners. Fit & finish are impeccable both inside the car and outside. Even with the automatic transmission, the car is peppy.

My First New-ish Car
By dawnkyung on 05/29/08 12:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Value Package 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my little white 2005 Honda Civic VP Coupe in May of this year. So far, I love it! From the moment I got in it I felt like I belonged in it. The car looks great, feels responsive and the a/c works fine for Florida summers. The gas mileage seems OK but not quite as great as I was imagining - but still an improvement over my last car! I love my civic VP - it was affordable and may not have everything I want, but it has exactly what I need.

Better Than I expected!
By Margaret on 05/16/08 20:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic EX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've always driven large vehicles - Jeep Grand and big Dodge Truck - switching to a smaller "car" was a huge step and it turned out that I made the right choice with the Honda Civic. It meets all of my expectations. I'm a realtor and my clients approve!

I am gonna miss my Civic
By Eddie on 04/26/08 10:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I am trading-in the CIvic for an Accord Coupe in a few days and all I can say is I am gonna miss the Civic. Reliable, great gas mileage, good handling and good looks.

What mileage?
By joefire on 04/08/08 11:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car for mileage. Told by dealer that it must be my driving. I have gotten as low as 16 mpg city and 23 highway. They told me it wasn't broken in yet. Kept driving hoping for an improvement. After 3 years my average city is 18 with highway going to about 28. Straight highway driving going 65 mph from one gas station to the next about 275 miles my best mileage was 38 mpg. That happened once. Most times it`s about 28. I don't speed or jackrabbit start. I never let it idle unless needed in traffic. I have gotten use to not using the AC to help. There is never extra weight kept in the car. On highway trips I am alone. Carrs honda has done all oil changes and required work. I was lied to.

A Civic will always be a Civic
By John on 03/29/08 22:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

For all of those who are looking for the "pin you in your seat performance" this car is not for you period. If you think about it most Civics have mostly been an easy going and reliable family car, this lives up to it. You get great gas mileage, and it seems pretty safe, but under the hood there is not much to be proud of. The interior is quite nice, I love the dials, and the from the outside the new look is pretty darn stunning. So like I said before a Civic will always be a Civic so besides the great reliability and gas mileage don't expect this car to blow you away.

I love my 2 door EX manual, magnesium
By Honda.F1 on 03/18/08 08:41 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I was only going to buy a Honda or Acura. I was going to get a RSX but after much research I found they have known transmission problems. Do a google search and you'll see. I wanted something more sporty than a Civic but in the end I decided I didn't want to mess with transmission problems over and over again. I read lots of horror stories about people trying to get dealerships to fix their RSX transmission and never getting it done right or saying they could not replicate the problem. I'm very happy with my 05 EX 2 door manual. The only modification I want to do is get the Ground Control coilovers and Koni (yellow) adjustable shocks combination. And maybe a K&N intake for an extra 1-3 HP.