2005 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
A Gas-Sipping Treasure
By danho76 on 06/05/08 22:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic EX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a Certified '05 Civic EX SE A/T with 9,000 miles via Ebay. I drove it 650 miles back home and it was a pleasure. The ergonomics of the controls are stellar; the comfort of the seats superb, and the driving experience a pleasure. I averaged well over 40 MPG on the freeways; I am averaging well over 30 MPG around town. I love the sound system and head unit on the SE; I also like the leather-wrapped steering wheel & the spoiler. All the controls are intuitive & easy to use. The ride is supple yet the car is eager and willing through corners. Fit & finish are impeccable both inside the car and outside. Even with the automatic transmission, the car is peppy.

My First New-ish Car
By dawnkyung on 05/29/08 12:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Value Package 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my little white 2005 Honda Civic VP Coupe in May of this year. So far, I love it! From the moment I got in it I felt like I belonged in it. The car looks great, feels responsive and the a/c works fine for Florida summers. The gas mileage seems OK but not quite as great as I was imagining - but still an improvement over my last car! I love my civic VP - it was affordable and may not have everything I want, but it has exactly what I need.

Better Than I expected!
By Margaret on 05/16/08 20:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic EX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've always driven large vehicles - Jeep Grand and big Dodge Truck - switching to a smaller "car" was a huge step and it turned out that I made the right choice with the Honda Civic. It meets all of my expectations. I'm a realtor and my clients approve!

I am gonna miss my Civic
By Eddie on 04/26/08 10:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I am trading-in the CIvic for an Accord Coupe in a few days and all I can say is I am gonna miss the Civic. Reliable, great gas mileage, good handling and good looks.

What mileage?
By joefire on 04/08/08 11:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car for mileage. Told by dealer that it must be my driving. I have gotten as low as 16 mpg city and 23 highway. They told me it wasn't broken in yet. Kept driving hoping for an improvement. After 3 years my average city is 18 with highway going to about 28. Straight highway driving going 65 mph from one gas station to the next about 275 miles my best mileage was 38 mpg. That happened once. Most times it`s about 28. I don't speed or jackrabbit start. I never let it idle unless needed in traffic. I have gotten use to not using the AC to help. There is never extra weight kept in the car. On highway trips I am alone. Carrs honda has done all oil changes and required work. I was lied to.

A Civic will always be a Civic
By John on 03/29/08 22:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

For all of those who are looking for the "pin you in your seat performance" this car is not for you period. If you think about it most Civics have mostly been an easy going and reliable family car, this lives up to it. You get great gas mileage, and it seems pretty safe, but under the hood there is not much to be proud of. The interior is quite nice, I love the dials, and the from the outside the new look is pretty darn stunning. So like I said before a Civic will always be a Civic so besides the great reliability and gas mileage don't expect this car to blow you away.

I love my 2 door EX manual, magnesium
By Honda.F1 on 03/18/08 08:41 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I was only going to buy a Honda or Acura. I was going to get a RSX but after much research I found they have known transmission problems. Do a google search and you'll see. I wanted something more sporty than a Civic but in the end I decided I didn't want to mess with transmission problems over and over again. I read lots of horror stories about people trying to get dealerships to fix their RSX transmission and never getting it done right or saying they could not replicate the problem. I'm very happy with my 05 EX 2 door manual. The only modification I want to do is get the Ground Control coilovers and Koni (yellow) adjustable shocks combination. And maybe a K&N intake for an extra 1-3 HP.

Basic, but very well done
By Kev in California on 03/16/08 23:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car is Oct of 2004 and have had no issues with the car. It is not fast, but handles good. I wish they would have had a 5 door version of this at the time. The interior plastic scratches to easily. Interior noise can be high at times. I get 30-35 mpg with a mix of city and highway driving. The front break discs warped slightly. I had that problem with the 1998 Civic I had. Never had that issue with any brand of car I have owned which includes Mazda, Nissan, and Ford. If you want an excellent point A to point B car that will not break the bank, this is a great choice. I am sure there is a lemon 2005 Civic out there somewhere, but most people I know love the car. I love mine

Great Car
By Donna Moore on 03/03/08 09:02 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

I bought my Honda Civic Hybrid over two years ago. I drive 57 miles one way to work, so I needed a fuel efficient car. I have been very pleased with my Honda. I am very conservative in the way I drive. The roads I travel are narrow and winding, so the speed limit is 60MPH. I follow that and average anywhere between 44 and 47 miles per gallon. The only draw back I have seen thus far is the guard that is right under the front of the car. I cannot travel on dirt roads many times because the car hits center and knocks this piece lose. I have replaced this once, at no charge, but I am going to have to do it again and this time it is going to cost about 123.00 and labor. 80,000 miles so far

Love this car
By luvmycivic on 02/17/08 22:54 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Never had a problem in 3 years. Started without any problems every time. Only complaint is there is not enough room for front passenger's feet with legs stretched forward and I'm short. Minor shortcoming however and would definitely recommend. Sat in back seat a few times and was surprised how roomy it was.