2005 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Bang For the Buck
By Rocky on 10/02/06 21:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Well I traded my beloved GTI for a civic sedan. Needless to say Ill never buy a VW car again. Too many electrical problems. Vw has one of the worst ratings as far as realiabilty is concern. The civic on the other hand is great car. Simple yet good lookin. the fuel economy is great and the manual tranny is smooth for a compact sedan. All in all it was a good deal. Honda has always been reliable company.

Car for the Mature
By Ji Sim on 10/02/06 08:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I'm 22 years old, I feel that cars these days rely on looks and dynamics. The Honda Civc 2005 LX, 4-door sedan is something where reliabilty is more focused than style of looks. This car is general purpose for familes, single, and pretty much any reason. My CO even has this car. The smooth riding is unlike anything for it's price. If you want to spend more money I would reccomend the Accord 04+. Yet compared to other cars for the price of this car, bar none.

Best small car ever owned
By Robert Redeker on 09/23/06 08:20 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car for the obvious reasons,Honda reputation and great gas mileage. I was a little hesitant because this was the first Japanese car I ever bought but I guess it's hard to tell these day's with parts of the car coming from everywhere including the u.s. and it being assembled in canada. This car is everything I hoped it would be and more. We get consistintly in the high 30's on mostly country back roads and hwy's and on a recent mostly hwy trip we got 45 mpg. I do run synthetic oil and make sure the tires are properly inflated to optimize gas mileage. We have 26k on the car now and have had no problems whatsoever. We plan on trying to get 300k out of it and it looks good so far!

Great car
By Matt on 08/17/06 07:06 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

We traded in an 04 Grand Am for the Civic and love it. Its a much more fun ride than I expected, gets great mileage, and is comfortable.

Best in class
By amelny on 08/08/06 09:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is the sixth Honda (3rd Civic) we've owned, and they just keep getting better, cheaper to maintain and more reliable as time goes on. This one is fun to drive, handles very well and has fit/finish of a car twice as expensive.

2005 Honda 4-door sedan
By Laurie C. on 07/27/06 10:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have been in 3 crashes since I purched this car in March of 2005. Though slighly injuring my neck and upper shoulder areas, I escaped with no serious injuries. It is the safest small sedan on the market today IMHO. I generally get 35-40 mpg. July 27, 2006, I just turned over 10,000 mi. It is better than the 2 Accords I previously owned. I am very satisfied with my decision.

Best for the price
By Max on 07/13/06 17:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Did a lot of research and wanted something RELIABLE. Everything else was not a big deal. My definition of reliable was: asking mechanics, owners, reading reviews, and just looking at the road; how many old Civics are still on the road compared to the other makes.

Honda Civic LX 4 dr special edition
By southerngirl on 01/29/06 19:34 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I have not had any major problems and I am overall satisfied with my purchase. The care is great on gas and overall is comfortable. Nice trunk tray and spoiler.

Beware of the lemon
By Josh on 01/29/06 00:30 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

If you are thinking of buying a Honda beware, I bought a Honda thinking that it would be a great investment and that it would be worry free. Two weeks later, my A/C did not work properly. Two weeks after I had it repaired, it failed to start. I took it back to the dealership and they could not find a problem and I still have this issue. I have called Honda and they are not concerned with having a defective product. As soon as I can I will get rid of this vehicle. The myth that imports are better vehicles are just that myths. There is a lot of noise in the vehicle my 05 will rattle down the interstate, I hear a clicking everytime the windshield wipers come on, and won't start everytime

Fine Car
By jsavage21 on 01/25/06 13:19 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

The main things that have impressed me so far with my honda is the interior design.It is superb, especially for a vehicle in this price range. The performance also is good and makes this car fun to drive. I am not hot about the exterior design, but its handling and interior make up for it. Improvements: Widen the Body design,include a better sound system, add disc brakes and remote trunk entry. (which they have done to some extent with the 2006) I would recommend this vehicle based on my experience so far-Honda does hold up to its reputation for building cars that are fun to drive, display attention to quality and detail and reliable.