2005 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Civic Minded
By James on 10/11/05 14:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second Honda Civic EX Coupe. I decided to give the Civic another chance as a commuter car. My other cars are an 05 EX Accord and an 05 EX CR-V. So far so good, no major complaints. This is a very good car within limits. I've owned 12 cars in the past 25 years. It doesn't matter if they are domestic or imports, there's problems with them. The Hondas I've owned have been no more reliable than Fords or Chryslers. People need to realize these are machines that can break down regardless who builds them. They're cars; take them for what they are, not who builds them!

Not bad but needs work
By Martin on 09/20/05 15:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Civic is a good commuter car with great gas mileage, decent handling, and pleasant design.

Great Little Car
By Carl on 09/17/05 20:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Bought an 05 SE LX with 5spd. Got 40 mpg on trip from VA to NJ with air on, and pushing each gear out of each tollbooth. Looking at 41-42 after car is broken in. Now have 500 miles on it. Handles great local and on highway. Has some wind noise at highway speeds and road noise on grooved road. And I fit well for a 6'2", 235lber.

Nice Surprise!
By dans on 09/04/05 12:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I decided to clean house and reorganize my "rolling stock." Got rid of my '03 Dodge Ram and my power boat . . . and get a Honda Civic LX. What a switch, huh? I never could park that Ram! Actually, I drive to and from work almost exclusively, and the economy and comfort of the Civic is just right for me (I'm 6' 2" tall, mid-50s, male). The build quality seems very nice, and the paint is thick and smooth. It came well equipped for an economy car, and I am very pleased. Also, I've gone from 10 mpg to 29 mpg in town. Now that is nice! My gas savings alone will make the payment.

KickingCivic
By BOB on 09/02/05 23:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven Civics for 15 years now and they only get better. This car just feels fun to drive, almost like a sports car, yet a fraction of the cost. It is also easy to tune because they are so popular that every after- market company makes compatible parts for the civic. Overall I give it a 10.

Love my new Civic
By hondaguy13 on 08/31/05 17:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Amazing car for a driving in the city. Turn ratio and everything about it is amazing, looks good too. Not as cool looking as theMmazda 3, but at least it wont break down at 20 000kms

By jon on 08/18/05 18:09 PM (PDT)

ItÂ’s a nice sport little car for a good price. It is very comfortable but only comes with the bare essentials. I would highly recommend this car to anyone who wants a car that is economical and fun to drive.

Its pretty good, but not that great.
By Luke Kim on 08/17/05 11:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Well I bought my Civic on February. The tranny is a little clucky, my gas mileage wilds out sometimes, and my engine sometimes doesn't start(coldstarts). Other than that the car is pretty nice. I would suggest a lot more horsepower for newer models and they did that already. LX owners if you think 127 hp V-Tec engine is better, its really not. The new Civic is going to come with 140 hp. But I wish I waited and get the new Civic Coupe Si with 200 Hp V-Tec. Now thats engine power!

2005 Honda Civic LX-Special Edition
By Armen Hopar on 08/14/05 15:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive, pick up is really good, good on gas, nice stereo inside, nice looking, and good in every ways.

Looks Great and Drives Great
By Liz on 08/11/05 16:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought my first new car, a Honda Civic LX Coupe (automatic) and I love it. I am 5'10'' and there is lots of leg room in both the front and back. The front seats are good size considering it's a small car. It drives very smooth and it is also very quiet. Takes bumps really well.