Used 2005 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Good little "run around car"
By civic9

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I like this car, I thought this car would get about 32 miles per gallon, when actually I get around 28... 28!! Whoa! That's kind of bad but not too bad for city. Build quality is pretty solid for me. I had an 02 saturn sl manual. so this car for me is pretty nice! Mine came with leather seats too!! Over all pretty great car!! Very satisfied.

Favorite Features

Leather seats, cd player, truck space, and gas is decent.

Suggested Improvements

Advertise the correct gas mileage!! I would LOVE something to tell me how many miles to each tank.

You get what you pay for
By dmvp29

2005 Honda Civic Coupe Value Package 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

The car is fragile. Moderate winds will really affect driving, car sways easily. Acceleration 40-60 is extremely poor when A/C turned on and average with A/C turned off. Acceleration 0-40 with A/C off is above average for what you pay for. Gas mileage is good, comparable to what is advertised. Wheel alignment is fragile. Even moderately aggressive driving may cause alignment problems in the future. Car does not handle curves well. If you're buying this car for a child who only needs a car to get from point A to point B, then a Civic is a terrific investment and great value. This car gets you from point A to point B, nothing more.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, driver seat is reasonably comfortable, good acceleration (for what you're paying for) 0-40 no A/C.

Suggested Improvements

Make car heavier, increase HP slightly (even if cost goes up, this is fine, these improvements are necessary to achieve "standard" performance).

Honda's are almost better than men
By Mandy

2005 Honda Civic Coupe Value Package 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I love my honda. In the two years I have had it I have not had one issue with it. When someone backed into me not a single scratch on my car. My kids first car will be a Honda Civic. These are the safest, most economical, not to mention sexy car s you will ever find.

Favorite Features

My favorite features include the stereo, the trunk, and the engine

Great Investment
By English Matt

2005 Honda Civic Coupe Value Package 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my 2 dr VP Honda Civic for nearly two years. It's great fun to drive, has never had a mechanical problem, and still gives me great mileage even around the city. In addition, 5 years into my financing agreement and I'm in a positive equity situation which should improve month-on-month over the next few years. A great investment, a great car.

Favorite Features

Reliability, space for driver, large trunk, smooth gear shifting, body styling, comfortable bucket seats.

Suggested Improvements

Better sound proofing - gets a little noisy on the Interstate!

Excellent Car To Own
By Steve

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased an 05 Civic EX in Nov of 2004. It cost me a little more in California at 18k but it was worth it. I've gone on several long trips with the car and average about 420 miles per gas tank which is a little below what is advertised. The car has sat in storage two separate times for 7 months and did suffer some slight sun damage which is unavoidable in California. The biggest problem i've had with the car is a small piece of plastic on the driver's side interior door handle that comes loose periodically. I have not had any cold weather starting problems here in California as low as the temps get which about freezing. I've only spent money on basic maintenance and aftermarket mods.

Favorite Features

User friendly interior, spacious interior, gas mileage, responsive and reliable engine, spacious trunk, side air bags (safety) and smooth ride

Suggested Improvements

For the everyday driver, nothing. If your like me and need a little more speed, install an aftermarket mods. Also, a little more torque. If your driving with a full tank or more then one person, you ain't goin anywhere anytime soon.