2005 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews 6

2005 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Bad choice
By j perez on 03/18/09 09:15 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

The driving of this car is been unreliable, since I purchased this car I'm been having a lot problems, replace the alternator, passenger window regulator, and driver cv joint and still make another noise.

Excellent
By Tito on 02/09/09 15:14 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Value Package 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I drove this car for three years before I traded for a Honda Civic 2008. Worst decision I ever made. I wish I have my car back. The Civic 2005 is an excellent car, I never had a problem with it.

2005 Honda Civic
By Kevin on 01/10/09 14:18 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Value Package 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this Honda new because I had an '89 that ran like a champ! The car gets great gas mileage and I only use it for commuting to work. I have 60K miles on it and the manual transmission is screaming! Dealer says new trans. It sounds like a bearing inside the trans. Honda will not do anything about it. They gave me the run around and told me it is my fault. I have a 1966 Ford Bronco with the original manual transmission, never rebuilt! I won't buy another Honda.

Love my Civic!
By barb on 12/06/08 07:41 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our car new almost 4 years ago and we love the vehicle. Good gas mileage, very reliable (such a pleasure after the horror we previously drove), good looks, no rust, interior is larger than it appears from the outside. My only gripe is that the top of the foot space for the front passenger is very low and this can be uncomfortable, especially if you're a woman wearing higher heels. Apart from that, nothing but praise for the Civic.

Front End Troubles
By Dan Polson on 11/28/08 17:19 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Value Package 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Fun to drive. Most of my driving is on winding country roads. At 88,000 had to have driver side hub bearing replaced. At 96,000 had to have driver side CV joint replaced

Best In Class for The Money
By Joe McCain on 11/13/08 18:52 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic EX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This car is incredible. Bought it new in late 2004. 5 speed with 112,000 miles and I still get 36-39 mpg. Super stereo and rides good. Perfect for commuting. Will go 80 + mph easy on highway with no problems. Interior finishes are good and car can handles four (regular sized) adults. Have had NO problems at all. It's my fourth Honda and I am convinced, for the money, Honda is the leader in the value / mileage category. Reliable / quality... this small car has it all.

Good outweighs bad!
By HondaMan on 10/20/08 13:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

My Civic is great. The gas mileage is exceptionally good, power is adequate, and so far it's been extremely reliable.

Time for another Hybrid
By Rick W on 10/14/08 04:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

Have had a lot of fun with this car. Driving is fun and playful. I have figured that traveling East to West I gain 10% on mileage because of the winds generally from the West. I have gotten up to 52 mpg on the NYS Thruway eastbound and 48 westbound. Drops to 46 mpg going through the Berkshires. Lots of pep and pickup. Surprised my wife on its passing capability.

nice car for the $
By jj on 09/27/08 09:26 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic EX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Nice car over all, bought it brand new. now 2008 have about 49k miles. No problems. Haven't changed brakes yet, but it's coming. Great car overall.

Your average car, nothing special
By TheMike on 09/11/08 13:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Yawn is the feeling I get when I drive this car, as a younger driver this car is boring. I bought I needed a cheap reliable car and I thought this would be one. After 3+ years of ownership I wish I opted for another Chevy, it would have been cheaper and I think just as reliable. Some interior trim pieces do not stay in place, the suspension creaks, recently the car has had a problem going in reverse, the road noise is pronounced, you feel every bump, the stock bridgestone tires are rubbish, the cloth seats have faded. Its a good car to get you around town and the gas mileage is decent, those are the only high points. The sunroof switch is also REALLY annoying.