2005 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Love my Civic!
By barb on 12/06/08 07:41 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our car new almost 4 years ago and we love the vehicle. Good gas mileage, very reliable (such a pleasure after the horror we previously drove), good looks, no rust, interior is larger than it appears from the outside. My only gripe is that the top of the foot space for the front passenger is very low and this can be uncomfortable, especially if you're a woman wearing higher heels. Apart from that, nothing but praise for the Civic.

Front End Troubles
By Dan Polson on 11/28/08 17:19 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Value Package 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Fun to drive. Most of my driving is on winding country roads. At 88,000 had to have driver side hub bearing replaced. At 96,000 had to have driver side CV joint replaced

Best In Class for The Money
By Joe McCain on 11/13/08 18:52 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic EX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This car is incredible. Bought it new in late 2004. 5 speed with 112,000 miles and I still get 36-39 mpg. Super stereo and rides good. Perfect for commuting. Will go 80 + mph easy on highway with no problems. Interior finishes are good and car can handles four (regular sized) adults. Have had NO problems at all. It's my fourth Honda and I am convinced, for the money, Honda is the leader in the value / mileage category. Reliable / quality... this small car has it all.

Good outweighs bad!
By HondaMan on 10/20/08 13:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

My Civic is great. The gas mileage is exceptionally good, power is adequate, and so far it's been extremely reliable.

Time for another Hybrid
By Rick W on 10/14/08 04:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

Have had a lot of fun with this car. Driving is fun and playful. I have figured that traveling East to West I gain 10% on mileage because of the winds generally from the West. I have gotten up to 52 mpg on the NYS Thruway eastbound and 48 westbound. Drops to 46 mpg going through the Berkshires. Lots of pep and pickup. Surprised my wife on its passing capability.

nice car for the $
By jj on 09/27/08 09:26 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic EX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Nice car over all, bought it brand new. now 2008 have about 49k miles. No problems. Haven't changed brakes yet, but it's coming. Great car overall.

Your average car, nothing special
By TheMike on 09/11/08 13:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Yawn is the feeling I get when I drive this car, as a younger driver this car is boring. I bought I needed a cheap reliable car and I thought this would be one. After 3+ years of ownership I wish I opted for another Chevy, it would have been cheaper and I think just as reliable. Some interior trim pieces do not stay in place, the suspension creaks, recently the car has had a problem going in reverse, the road noise is pronounced, you feel every bump, the stock bridgestone tires are rubbish, the cloth seats have faded. Its a good car to get you around town and the gas mileage is decent, those are the only high points. The sunroof switch is also REALLY annoying.

Great Gas Mileage
By Had to Have a Honda on 09/04/08 10:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Daughter bought this car new and it now is just passing 30,000 miles. Drove it back and forth to college, and we are very comfortable in knowing that since it's a Honda, it will give her years of dependable driving as she gets settled in her career. Had a problem with the cruise when she first got it, but was covered by warranty. Gas mileage is excellent! 40 city/45 highway. Had AC installed at the dealer. No complaints with the car at all. Put new tires on it recently, so she's good to go till she hits 100K. Don't see too many HX models on the road, but hers was reasonably priced and worth the investment.

I hope this thing is reliable
By ricardo on 08/18/08 16:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Value Package 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Just got this thing. Seems like the mileage is great, acceleration is slow but it cruises nicely. The interior, however, is quite cheesy looking and appears to be made of cheap material. The seats are faded and the material is worn looking, the upholstery is falling off the door panels. Car shows signs of poor assembly and should not look this way at 40,000 miles and 3 years old. Handles well, but rides horribly.

Civic sets the bar
By crossfive on 07/24/08 06:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic LX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is a our commuter car (110,000) 108 miles a day, mostly highway @ 70mph. We get 35 to 38 mpg. We were pretty smart in 05 to get it then. I'm 6'1 and find it ok for the hour drive. My 16 year old twins hate the back seat but that is what the mini-van is for. Ok for quick hops. We have the autotrans (my wife's choice) and that takes some getting used to when braking. It automatically down shifts and feels like an additional brake. Before this Civic we had an 02 lx and it did the same thing. A feature? The 02 was never the same after the deer strike so we traded it in. All in all, great vehicle and we are looking at the 08 Civic lx - and the boys can't wait to get the 05