2005 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Excellent
By Tito on 02/09/09 15:14 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I drove this car for three years before I traded for a Honda Civic 2008. Worst decision I ever made. I wish I have my car back. The Civic 2005 is an excellent car, I never had a problem with it.

Love my Civic!
By barb on 12/06/08 07:41 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our car new almost 4 years ago and we love the vehicle. Good gas mileage, very reliable (such a pleasure after the horror we previously drove), good looks, no rust, interior is larger than it appears from the outside. My only gripe is that the top of the foot space for the front passenger is very low and this can be uncomfortable, especially if you're a woman wearing higher heels. Apart from that, nothing but praise for the Civic.

Front End Troubles
By Dan Polson on 11/28/08 17:19 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Fun to drive. Most of my driving is on winding country roads. At 88,000 had to have driver side hub bearing replaced. At 96,000 had to have driver side CV joint replaced

Best In Class for The Money
By Joe McCain on 11/13/08 18:52 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This car is incredible. Bought it new in late 2004. 5 speed with 112,000 miles and I still get 36-39 mpg. Super stereo and rides good. Perfect for commuting. Will go 80 + mph easy on highway with no problems. Interior finishes are good and car can handles four (regular sized) adults. Have had NO problems at all. It's my fourth Honda and I am convinced, for the money, Honda is the leader in the value / mileage category. Reliable / quality... this small car has it all.

Good outweighs bad!
By HondaMan on 10/20/08 13:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

My Civic is great. The gas mileage is exceptionally good, power is adequate, and so far it's been extremely reliable.

I hope this thing is reliable
By ricardo on 08/18/08 16:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Just got this thing. Seems like the mileage is great, acceleration is slow but it cruises nicely. The interior, however, is quite cheesy looking and appears to be made of cheap material. The seats are faded and the material is worn looking, the upholstery is falling off the door panels. Car shows signs of poor assembly and should not look this way at 40,000 miles and 3 years old. Handles well, but rides horribly.

A Gas-Sipping Treasure
By danho76 on 06/05/08 22:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a Certified '05 Civic EX SE A/T with 9,000 miles via Ebay. I drove it 650 miles back home and it was a pleasure. The ergonomics of the controls are stellar; the comfort of the seats superb, and the driving experience a pleasure. I averaged well over 40 MPG on the freeways; I am averaging well over 30 MPG around town. I love the sound system and head unit on the SE; I also like the leather-wrapped steering wheel & the spoiler. All the controls are intuitive & easy to use. The ride is supple yet the car is eager and willing through corners. Fit & finish are impeccable both inside the car and outside. Even with the automatic transmission, the car is peppy.

Better Than I expected!
By Margaret on 05/16/08 20:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've always driven large vehicles - Jeep Grand and big Dodge Truck - switching to a smaller "car" was a huge step and it turned out that I made the right choice with the Honda Civic. It meets all of my expectations. I'm a realtor and my clients approve!

Basic, but very well done
By Kev in California on 03/16/08 23:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car is Oct of 2004 and have had no issues with the car. It is not fast, but handles good. I wish they would have had a 5 door version of this at the time. The interior plastic scratches to easily. Interior noise can be high at times. I get 30-35 mpg with a mix of city and highway driving. The front break discs warped slightly. I had that problem with the 1998 Civic I had. Never had that issue with any brand of car I have owned which includes Mazda, Nissan, and Ford. If you want an excellent point A to point B car that will not break the bank, this is a great choice. I am sure there is a lemon 2005 Civic out there somewhere, but most people I know love the car. I love mine

Love this car
By luvmycivic on 02/17/08 22:54 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Never had a problem in 3 years. Started without any problems every time. Only complaint is there is not enough room for front passenger's feet with legs stretched forward and I'm short. Minor shortcoming however and would definitely recommend. Sat in back seat a few times and was surprised how roomy it was.