Used 2005 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

My First New-ish Car
By dawnkyung

2005 Honda Civic Coupe Value Package 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my little white 2005 Honda Civic VP Coupe in May of this year. So far, I love it! From the moment I got in it I felt like I belonged in it. The car looks great, feels responsive and the a/c works fine for Florida summers. The gas mileage seems OK but not quite as great as I was imagining - but still an improvement over my last car! I love my civic VP - it was affordable and may not have everything I want, but it has exactly what I need.

Favorite Features

The trunk, the cloth interior, the material on the inside of the car is lovely and does not seem cheaply made. The seats are comfy and I feel at home inside it.

Suggested Improvements

Give ABS to all models! A tachometer would be nice, and it can get noisy inside. The car is very light and it feels like I'm going to get blown over if there is a breeze.

I am gonna miss my Civic
By Eddie

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I am trading-in the CIvic for an Accord Coupe in a few days and all I can say is I am gonna miss the Civic. Reliable, great gas mileage, good handling and good looks.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, handling, instrument cluster, moonroof.

Suggested Improvements

Road noise.

What mileage?
By joefire

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car for mileage. Told by dealer that it must be my driving. I have gotten as low as 16 mpg city and 23 highway. They told me it wasn't broken in yet. Kept driving hoping for an improvement. After 3 years my average city is 18 with highway going to about 28. Straight highway driving going 65 mph from one gas station to the next about 275 miles my best mileage was 38 mpg. That happened once. Most times it`s about 28. I don't speed or jackrabbit start. I never let it idle unless needed in traffic. I have gotten use to not using the AC to help. There is never extra weight kept in the car. On highway trips I am alone. Carrs honda has done all oil changes and required work. I was lied to.

Favorite Features

cd player, looks nice, easy to park with a good view in mirrors and windows. Good sized trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Mileage. maybe the dealer could be helpful in finding why the mileage is so low. I was told by them to leave the car for 2 weeks so they could drive it in real world conditions. No loaner so I couldn't do it.

A Civic will always be a Civic
By John

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

For all of those who are looking for the "pin you in your seat performance" this car is not for you period. If you think about it most Civics have mostly been an easy going and reliable family car, this lives up to it. You get great gas mileage, and it seems pretty safe, but under the hood there is not much to be proud of. The interior is quite nice, I love the dials, and the from the outside the new look is pretty darn stunning. So like I said before a Civic will always be a Civic so besides the great reliability and gas mileage don't expect this car to blow you away.

Favorite Features

The Red Gauges New Redefined look in the 04's and 05's Interior smells nice. Finally an armrest in this model of Civics!

Suggested Improvements

MORE POWER (just try overtaking somebody in this car.)

I love my 2 door EX manual, magnesium
By Honda.F1

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I was only going to buy a Honda or Acura. I was going to get a RSX but after much research I found they have known transmission problems. Do a google search and you'll see. I wanted something more sporty than a Civic but in the end I decided I didn't want to mess with transmission problems over and over again. I read lots of horror stories about people trying to get dealerships to fix their RSX transmission and never getting it done right or saying they could not replicate the problem. I'm very happy with my 05 EX 2 door manual. The only modification I want to do is get the Ground Control coilovers and Koni (yellow) adjustable shocks combination. And maybe a K&N intake for an extra 1-3 HP.

Favorite Features

looks, handling, excellent gas mileage, the excellent reliability Honda is known for, interior/comfort, smooth/light clutch and shifter,

Suggested Improvements

It should come stock with tinted windows and a small factory spoiler. It should also come with a much longer warranty. Hondas are known for not having problems so why not give them a 100,000 warranty. If Kia and GM are doing that then Honda for sure should be. Pricey, but you get what you pay for.