2005 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Happy Honda Customer
By Happy Honda Customer on 03/10/10 20:00 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in Dec. 2004. I was glad I made the purchase. This car has been very good to me. I kept up with the oil changes and the 30, 60, 90,000 mile service. I know have about 90,000 miles on it and I plan to keep it until I can't drive it anymore. The engine seems to have a high noise. The fuel economy isn't as good as it used to be probable because of the ethanol they are putting in the gas nowadays. I used to get on average 36 miles to the gallon now I get about 30 mpg. Could have better pick up in first gear. The throttle response is a little low. It kinda lags. However passing other cars is a breeze. Has some rattling hear and there.

My SI
By Isemaidn on 02/14/10 07:39 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback w/Side Airbags (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I haven't done this before, but am very impressed with my Honda SI. Not only is it fun to drive (and I love where the gear shift is) but it is reliable. I haven't had any mechanical issues, unlike my VW Jetta diesel. The road noise is a little high, but with my muffler, I accept that as being my option. I only wish it was 4 door, instead of 2. With two small nephews that I constantly drive with, it is hard to get them in their car seats. I give this car an A+. Honda did an awesome job and stands behind their workmanship (so far). It drives well on the snow, as I live in the AK. Job well done, Honda!

great car
By bamagirl on 02/07/10 14:04 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my civic new and have no regrets. I love it. It is fun to drive, sporty, and reliable. It also gets great gas mileage - 36 mpg in the city. I couldn't ask for more.

Love my civic
By Ray on 01/29/10 16:44 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic EX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Best car Ive ever owned. I wanted a 5 speed trans in the newport blue color and thats what I got. I wanted a sunroof and glad I have it. This car gets awesome gas mileage and is fun to drive. I haven't had a single problem with it.

loved the car
By khollen on 01/24/10 14:13 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car because I was looking for something reliable, economical, and with good value. I found the perfect purchase in this civic, and loved every minute of driving it. I got into a pretty bad head-on collision after having the car for about 5 months, and walked out with minor bruises and injuries. The crumple zones were designed flawlessly and even though my car was totaled it protected me perfectly. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone.

Just What it's supposed to be
By Flordia Car on 01/13/10 08:16 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Value Package 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this one owner car when it was two years old for only ten grand with only 14k miles on it. I wanted a work car that had nothing to break and was lamenting that base models no longer existed when I learned about the VP. I love rolling up and down the windows knowing that there are no motors to fail there or in the seats or door locks. It's an old school econo car with the most reliable combustible gas engine ever made under the hood & no headaches. I am certain to get 200-300k miles. Highly recommended

Not impressed
By Sarah on 01/05/10 09:08 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic EX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I used to own a 94 accord that never had any problems other than rust (289,000 miles), so when I bought my newish car I only looked at Honda's. Mistake. The car's quality is not very good. The cable for opening the gas tank broke recently so I have to open the gas tank door through the trunk $200 to fix). Car has a strange overheating problem that the dealer cannot diagnose, not good soundproofing in car, engine is loud, The warranty on these cars in crap, does not get that great of gas mileage, maybe 25-35. This car is boring to drive, especially in an automatic. However the car handles nicely in upstate NY snow and I feel safe in it. I think Honda is riding on their laurels...

Miles Not a Worry
By Noah on 11/19/09 10:01 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

I purchased my 1-owner (carfacts) used car in July of 2009 with 175,000 miles already on it. I have loved everything about it. Depending on the terrain and wind, the mileage has ranged from 36-54mph, with the worst coming from driving into terrible winds and the best from driving with a breeze (have yet to drive with a strong wind). Car gets about 49mpg in town when driving with care. I have put 5,000 miles on it since purchasing and it's averaged 47mpg city/highway. Have had NO problems whatsoever to speak of, even with the high mileage. Have only replaced the oil/filter (once a year or every 10,000 miles). I would tell any and everybody that they would love a Honda Civic Hybrid!!

Fantastic ride
By sasiren on 10/03/09 20:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

My Honda Civic is fabulous - granted I still have very low mileage as all is very convenient where I live. I just had some brake work done today at Firestone for 217 dollars. No problem with the car otherwise.

Best car ever made!
By Stinky on 08/25/09 05:45 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Value Package 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Got 60K miles on it, never done anything but change the oil. Has never missed a beat, everything still works perfectly, no rattles or problems ever. I cannot imagine a better car.