2005 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
civic si
By fallenpawn on 12/16/04 11:24 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i love this car. The handling is great and good fuel economy. The 160hp 2.0 engine is great.

brand new 1st time owner
By bigdave on 12/14/04 22:23 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Just got this black little baby, and i might br a little early for a review but if the hype is true about owning a Honda i think i joined the happy Honda club. The car is fun to drive even with auto. nicely detailed inside and out. You must get black if you get the EX with the wheels. illuminated dash is cool! Nice solid ride and handling interior has a quality feel with the controls. Engine is quiet except at acceleration. bit pricey compared to competition but i guess you're paying for Honda quality. wanted to wait for all new 06 but needed a new car asap. This car sips gas like a fine brandy. Forgot how to pump gas. Shifter is the easiest and best designed i ever came across for an auto !!!

2005 Civic EX Special Edition Sedan
By M on 12/13/04 09:06 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Honda has done a number on the interior of the Special Edition--very interesting to look at. Stereo looks like a higher-end after-market (6-disc-- great bass, clear treble, multiple graphic display). Magnesium metallic with graphite heated leather upgrade is a beautiful combination. The only problem I have is the lack of legroom in the front, and I'm only 5'10"! Perfect car for small to medium sized people. Will be driven for many years to come. If you are looking to buy a regualar EX, DON'T! SE comes standard with leather-wrapped steering wheel, better radio, spoiler, alloy wheels, etc. Overall paid $17,400 (sticker $19,175).

Very reliable but could use more power
By Eurotraveler on 12/11/04 16:43 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Ok 6000 miles later here is my take on this coming from a Celica and a Civic Si. I definitely had to get use to less pep for starters the interior buid is ok but still missing something (dash is a little too dull + very mass production feel). Gas mileage is decent 30 miles per gallon. Rear spolier option for around $500 adds some appeal. Ok enough about the bad... The good is resale value, reliability, low APR financing, value priced and the fact that you don't have to choose from a billion options. Like with the Toyota where every thing on the car is extra. Honda does a great job by grouping their upgrades in packages - DX, LX, and EX. Overall a good buy but could be better

New Honda Lover
By Kathleen Turner on 12/11/04 14:35 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I love my new Honda. My previous car, which was a convertible was totalled due to tire failure. I needed to get something that would be practical, extremely nice looking and economical. I had the interior upgraded to leather - and my car looks very smart!

A Good Fuel Efficient Vehicle
By M.Satterfield on 12/05/04 15:25 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I like this car for the gas mileage and the cost of ownership. The car is rated 36/44 city/hwy; I am getting 40- 42 mpg in suburban driving. The 5spd stick shift is very smooth and is fine as long as you're not dealing with bumper to bumper type driving. Get the CVT model if you deal with gridlock! This is a great little run- about suburban type car. Plenty of power on the low end if you need it; it has a VTEC engine. I like the fact this car is giving me 40-42 mpg with proven "old" technology. The car is noisy. It could use some better sound proofing. The front seats could be a bit wider as well and also raise up a bit. The gear shift knob is a bit too small for me.

Great Car / Value
By CARBO on 12/05/04 13:03 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic EX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

The 05 Civic EX SE is a awesome!!! This vehicle combines the dependbility & affordability of the traditional civic sedan with some style & pep. Under the hood, a larger engine provides all the pickup you need to get onto that highway from a deadstop with trucks and larger vehicles racing by. Inside the 6 disc CD changer is nice and , sytems cranks , and the dashboard is cool when lit. The spoked 15' alloy wheels and rear spoiler will get you second looks from padestrian traffic so be ready!

HONDA
By LindzHonda on 11/29/04 18:10 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car. I have bad experiences with cars in the past. For the price of a new Honda, you just can not get a better car.

Near perfection. Highly recommended!
By Mike from Virginia on 11/26/04 23:13 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

First, let me say that I am very picky about cars and demand high quality on the purchases I make. I bought this 5 spd. Civic Hybrid about a month ago and so far it has lived up to my high expectations. I do mostly city driving and get between 50-56 MPG (make sure you inflate your tires to 35PSI to get the optimized gas mileage). The trip MPG on the dash actually under-estimates my miles per gallon by about 5 MPG. Compared to the Prius, the Civic exterior body design is more visually appealing. The quality of the seats /interior is good (the driver's seat is height- adjustable which is a plus). The manual transmission shifts extremely smoothly, much better than my prior Toyota Corolla.

This car is what every street tuner need
By kevinrolo on 11/12/04 13:15 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Civics are reliable and hold their value