Used 2005 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Not as expected
By Chris

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am disappointed with the MPG. I am averaging 36.3 MPG which isn't far from its original non-hybrid. Honda claims its because I live in Florida and we use the AC year round and that lowers the MPG. Also, the AC doesn't work while the car is sitting idle.

Favorite Features

It does save some $$ on gas.

Suggested Improvements

Better MPG and some power. I think an 18-wheeler could pass me with acceleration.

Great for city driving
By AZ Twins fan

2005 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I previously owned a V6 Accord but with fuel prices so high and my fuel economy so low it was time for a change. The switch to the (ULEV)Civic was the best move I could have made. It has all the features I expect along with great fuel economy (Sorry large truck and SUV folks 12 hwy/8 city is NOT good gas mileage) and is very quiet to drive both in town and on the highway. I'm saving about $15-20 per week on gas vs. the Accord so far and have never looked back. So if you need a great small sedan to zip around town or for those weekend getaways I would highly recommend this car.

Favorite Features

Sporty styling with flared rear bumper and more aggressive front fascia, nice sized trunk, and all the standard LX features like air, tilt, cruise, CD, map lights, and power mirrors. Oh...who can forget fuel economy. I can usually get about 38hwy/25city.

Suggested Improvements

Could have made alloy wheels standard and have the CD player able to play mp3's but other than that I can't think of anything else. Check out the '06 Civic for some amazing changes to an already highly respected car.

I love my honda
By Gina Houser

2005 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Although I have only had my honda for a few days now, I can already tell that it is going to be a great car. I love the way it rides and the look of the honda civic. It gets great gas mileage and it is fun to drive.

Favorite Features

My favorit feature is the blue lights around the spedometer, it makes it brighter and much easier to see.

Suggested Improvements

No improvements as of right now.

Great Car!!
By Chris

2005 Honda Civic Value Package 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Hey, awesome gas mileage, low insurance rates and Honda's excellent reputation. I couldn't go wrong. It's speedy enough, handles corners well (especially when compared to my old Xterra) and is just fun to drive. Comfortable all the way.

Favorite Features

The Gas mileage is awesome ... 30+ in the city easy, even with the AC at full blast ... 40 on the highway. And that's with an automatic.

Suggested Improvements

While I could only swing the Value Package model, I wish Honda would have includes some power windows and locks. But I'm still young so rolling up and down the windows isn't that bad.

2004 CIVIC HYBRID
By DJL

2005 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've thoroughly enjoyed my Hybrid. Going from a minivan to a subcompact, I thought the transition would be difficult, but the trade off has been worth it. The paint seems to be extremely delicate, nicking if you even look at it! I am not getting the mileage I was led to believe I'd be getting; however, as I do a LOT of highway driving, I'm getting anywhere from 40-44 mpg, which compared to my minivan is excellent. I fill up twice a month whether I need to or not. Overall, I'm very glad I went Hybrid. Even if I'm not getting the mileage I think I should be getting (50+), I have on occasion hit 50 (rarely) but I still feel as if I'm doing something positive for the environment! Win-Win

Favorite Features

very roomy inside. I feel extremely safe in this small car

Suggested Improvements

mileage could be better plus paint could be more durable