2005 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
safety first!
By stephanie on 01/05/05 11:51 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

We decided to get the Honda Civic EX because of the awesome safety ratings, anti-lock brakes, and the good price that it was selling for. All of the magazines that I have looked at rate this car at the top of its class. Overall I am very happy with this car and would recommend it to anyone.

Mileage not as advertised
By Jason on 01/05/05 08:06 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Traded in my Jetta 1.8T for a better mileage/newer car. Noticeable step down in interior quality compared to VW but delivers a good ride. I can *not* get the advertised 47/48mpg. My average is 37/37. I have seen 39 city and 45 highway, and that was with a 15 knot tailwind at 60mph. Told it will improve over time (?) If you drive faster than 70mph, you will lose mileage fast. I set the cruise at 80mph for a while and averaged about 28mpg. Consider carefully the kind of driving you do. If you drone in the 70- 80mph realm like I do, look at a TDI Golf (like I should have). If you live in the 50-60mph realm, this is the car for you. Not suited for droning in the the windy OK/KS plains.

'05 Civic Value Pkg (Black )
By Steve on 01/05/05 01:59 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Value Package 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

The fit and finish on this car is incredible for an 'economy-type' vehicle. The seats conform to the body extremely well; the car handles turns and curves like it is on rails. Value Package boasts a nice a/c, dual vanity visor mirrors and cd player. The maintenance schedule is remarkable: 10k miles between oil changes under normal driving conditions? WOW! 110k before scheduled tune up? Now that's what I'm talking about. 29/38 MPG? I have only had the car for four days, but I am excited to see how much $$ I will be potentially saving by not having to visit the pump as often.

Appreciation of quality
By Ottmar Egger on 01/02/05 02:09 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased my Honda Civic Hybrid in March of 2004. Since then I have put 50000 km on this vehicle. I have not had one problem to report. I get about 800 km on a tank of gas , the tank holds about 50 liters. I would like to see better fuel economy for this type of vehicle. I do mostly City driving since I do Courier work. On a daily basis, I put about 300 km on this car a day. All in all no complaints, and I am very pleased with the quality of this vehicle. Keep up the good engineering work. Sincerely Ottmar Egger.

Bought Civic Ex SE
By JohnieReb on 01/01/05 18:12 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Chose this vehicle for its economy over my Chevy Monte Carlo. Need a family friendly vehicle that got better gas milage as I travel sometimes 40 miles one way to work. Chose this vehicle over the Corolla because it is more comfortable.

Great Car
By Dave on 12/27/04 18:51 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Driving position feels like a coupe. Tight build quality. Great fuel economy and quality meterials used throughout. Far superior to my '98 Jetta. While not a performance car, the performance is evrything I expected from a Honda and more. Very comfortable feeling from the brakes and no jack rabbit acceleration. A truely refined compact. I can see why its "Best in Class".

Great Small Car!
By Acme858 on 12/27/04 02:09 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

This is a fantastic car. Beautiful inside and outside: clean, simple, and effective. The control is nice and tight and the transmission, even for an automatic, is very smooth--both typical of Hondas. The EX model comes very well equipped with sunroof, 127 hp, alloy wheels, 6 speakers, CD player, ABS and a myriad of little things that make the entire car worthwhile. Gas mileage is great: 31 City, 37 Highway. I got the car perfectly content without any of the dealer installed options like foglights and interior trims. The foglights would be nice but the installation fees are absurdly high.

New Si is fun!
By Matthew on 12/26/04 14:18 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback w/Side Airbags (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a vehicle I could move some band equipment around in but still be sporty and great on gas...SI is fantastic! Very quick, suspension is sporty, steering is tight and leaves you feeling like you are driving a race car not an economy car. My only complaints are it is a little high priced for other vehicles in its class and the Honda Factory Performance kit is very cool but way overpriced...

Transmission Problems
By vlaz on 12/24/04 23:05 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Hybrid is a terrific car. It's quiet, rides well and handles nimbly. I traded a Volvo 960 for this car and am very satisfied with its power and comfort under all road conditions.It is extremely well designed and engineered. Take it for a test drive and see for yourself.(The Prius is crude and clunky compared to the Civic.)I can cruise all day at highway speeds in comfort.

Lovely little hatch
By Miyo on 12/23/04 14:04 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Whatever the Civic Si lacks in, the originality of the car and the distinctive styling makes up for it. People can make fun of it by calling it a mini-mini van, but in reality, they want it so bad. The interior is unique, with awesome seats manufactured by Recaro (for those of you who didn't know) and the steering wheel manufactured by Momo. Some people may think that $19K is too much for the car, but you have to realize that Honda didn't use any cheap parts or even cheap plastic to build this car. Love the car, love the styling, love the orginality.