2005 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews 35

2005 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Honda Civic
By Ray Andrews on 02/19/05 10:51 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I love to drive this car. The ride is very good for a small car and the gas mileage is excellent, 32 in town and 38 miles to the gallon on the road. Also very little noise on the inside.

The best car I've owned.
By KarlC on 02/17/05 19:05 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car has plenty of power and get's awesome mileage. I drive on the freeway a lot and this car easily cruises at 80mph if needed, no problem. You cannot tell when it is running on gas or electricity and it is quick off the mark at traffic lights, even though the engine turns off when you come to a full stop. It has amazing headroom, my 6'4" buddy can sit in it no problem. The only comment is that the 12V power outlet could be positioned somewhere else as it prevents the 2nd cup holder from being used when you have something plugged in. PLUS I get a $2000 tax break on next years taxes!

Honda is a pretty good car
By Richard on 02/06/05 11:03 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

We have looked at new cars for about a year and I already knew when I looked at a Honda that we would purchase one. I have never bought a Honda car but have five Honda ATV,s and Two Honda Offroad motor cycles that have lasted forever. I was a 25 year Ford and Lincoln customer and there ok but not like Hondas. Ford and Lincoln have better and more dealerships to deal with. They have just forgotten how to build cars over SUVs. I am still worried about being run over by a SUV with someone on a cell phone. 8000 miles and no problems and still tight. If you need a small car, this is the best I think. Now I need a new 7000 lb SUV for 2005 to help support oil companys.

This is no commuter car
By R. Prenger on 02/06/05 06:38 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car 11 months ago and finally relieved myself of this car yesterday. The ride can be likened to an amusement park go cart. I commuted 100 miles a day at highway speeds. Highway bumps in the road were bone jarring at best. There were days when I would arrive at work with headaches from this car. As far as workmanship, the cloth on the door was coming off, the car was delivered with a blown speaker and there were numerous rattles. I definitely would not recommend this car to highway commuters. I bought a Camry yesterday.

love this civic
By diane eisele on 02/05/05 02:53 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Value Package 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Honda was my dream car after our last "American car" purchase, a Ford ranger pick up with a transmission made in France and an international array of car parts, I decided on reliability, fuel economy and ease of handling. And it is fun to drive. Exactly what I got.

Love it
By poppyjim on 01/28/05 10:18 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased this vehicle due to ever rising fuel prices and I just don't like handing my hard earned money over to the middle east. So far I am extremely satisfied with the perfomance and fuel economy of this hybrid. It rides pretty good for a smaller vehicle and handles very nice. I don't know if I will come out ahead of the fiel costs due to having to replace the main battery in 8 years or so but having the peace of mind that my money will go into the vehicle battery instead of polluting the environment satisfies me. I also have peace of mind that I am in a very safe vehicle every time I get behind the wheel too. Overall I feel that this is one of the best new vehicles that I purchased.

great
By jared on 01/28/05 01:55 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

great i love this car, its perfect for just about anything, it is very reliable and applicable to just about any type of person.

Love it!
By TRDelaware on 01/26/05 10:52 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Value Package 4dr Sedan w/Front side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Went out and about last week armed with reviews of every car claiming 30+ MPG. The Civic was the only choice, and I drove 6 different cars-- everrything from the MX-3 to the Scion Xa. Perfect for commuting, comfortable, gas mileage today was 36.1--all highway. Although I bought the value package version, I really feel as if I got more for my money than the other models offered. Added to the legendary Honda reliability, I almost feel like I stole this car. Although the Elantra was a bit cheaper, with more options, it did not feel as solid as this car does.

AIR BAG
By kanchan616 on 01/25/05 13:51 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive. Good mileage. Nice and sporty. My friends love this car, Ofcourse I do TOOOO. Best for parking in NEW YORK CITY.

Great Car
By n0uhallentown on 01/25/05 07:47 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I recently acquired the Honda Civic Hybrid. I purchased this car due to the price of Gas and the inefficency of both of my other cars. I have a Saturn Vue and a Pontiac Firebird. Neither of which even get half of the mileage that I get on the Hybrid. I also test drove the Honda Accord Hybrid but couldn't justify the additonal cost and it was not more efficient than my other cars.