Used 2005 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Honda Civic LXSE
By Brioninn

2005 Honda Civic LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my Accord for this. And enjoy it so much more. Despite the loss of horsepower between the two, it's a much smoother, more enjoyable ride. And the SE package is enough to make it sporty while allowing me the motherly benefits that are a necessity. It's the best of both worlds for me.

The stereo. It is a nice upgrade from the standard LX.

Possibly some back seat room.

Wish I had two of 'em
By Tom Harmening

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've been driving this Civic Hybrid for a week and already my fuel bills are plummeting. It is a great car and rides much better than my previous car - a 2003 Prius. It's smooth and quiet at both street and freeway speeds. My MPG is slowly rising (they told me it would take approximately 600 miles to get to optimum mileage levels) and now stands at 41 mpg average - up from 33 when first delivered. Friends and neighbors can't believe it's a hybrid -- as one said "It looks like a regular car and not an egg". Honda has nailed this technology. I wish I could afford two of them - I'd trade my Lexus in an instant for another Civic Hybrid!

The roomy interior and smooth ride.

If only the rear seats folded down like the Accord Hybrid!

Not bad but needs work
By Martin

2005 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Civic is a good commuter car with great gas mileage, decent handling, and pleasant design.

Fuel economy is about 32 mpg, not the 28-38 estimated by EPA but it is still very good.

Due to their "sport" design, the seats are extremely unergonomic and thus uncomfortable, especially if you have back problems. You will not notice the discomfort on the test drive, but you will suffer in everyday driving. Interior quality is poor and it still rattles despite two repairs by Honda.

Good, not super
By Clayton

2005 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

This car is very nice, but after driving an Accord, even an older one such as mine (94-97), it doesen't feel substantial. It drives real light, which is good for cornering, but not for feeling safe pulling out into traffic!

Backlit gauges, climate control design (vertical stack), visibility.

add 30 horses, add control to the suspension. emergency manuvering is not real comforting, compared with my old Honda Accord

A great cheap car.
By rkane

2005 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback w/Side Airbags (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is overall a great value. The transmission grinds in 2nd gear, and if I weren't over 6 feet tall, I probably would not like the positioning of the 5 speed. Why does it not have 6? The new 2006 blows the doors off the '05. Honda may be losing their quality if you ask me ( I am a salesman myself ). Overall I would rate this car a 6.8 out of 10. The interior is pretty nice, just the exterior makes it pretty feminine.

The interior trim all the way around, it also has some juice in 3rd gear.

The 5-speed, definitely needs to go back to normal, and the 6 speed is almost here ( about time ). The exterior looks feminine.