2005 Honda Civic 1.7L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic w/Front Side Airbags Consumer Review - 2005 Civic EX Special Edition

2005 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Review

2005 Civic EX Special Edition Sedan
By M on

2005 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Honda has done a number on the interior of the Special Edition--very interesting to look at. Stereo looks like a higher-end after-market (6-disc-- great bass, clear treble, multiple graphic display). Magnesium metallic with graphite heated leather upgrade is a beautiful combination. The only problem I have is the lack of legroom in the front, and I'm only 5'10"! Perfect car for small to medium sized people. Will be driven for many years to come. If you are looking to buy a regualar EX, DON'T! SE comes standard with leather-wrapped steering wheel, better radio, spoiler, alloy wheels, etc. Overall paid $17,400 (sticker $19,175).

Favorite Features

Said upgrades from the EX total more than $2,000, come standard for just over $1,000 above EX sticker. I love the heated leather upgrade and "young" looking interior. Stereo has great wattage and range. 35 mpg average-- can't go wrong. An overall great design and feel.

Suggested Improvements

Legroom in front. I'm still trying to move my seat back every time I get in. Also, if you are coming from a V6, you may be in for a slow surprise. The car is built for overall reliability, fuel- economy, and practicality, not performance.