200,000+ and still going
By nelsonoah on
2005 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)
Update to my 11/19/09 review. I'm still driving it and have done nothing but regular stuff (oil/filter, brakes, tires). I now have roughly 205k miles on it. The IMA warning light came on about 1.5 years ago (around 190k miles). Honda said the hybrid battery was testing weak and needed replaced ($2,500 and 3-year/30k warranty). I decided not to replace it and to just see what it'd do. Battery doesn't keep charged up as well as it used to, but I'm still getting over 40mpg driving in town. I found a place that will put in a used battery with a 1-year guarantee for $1,275. Besides the battery, everything else seems to be in great shape.
Favorite Features
Hybrid battery - originals were guaranteed for 100k and mine is still doing great work at 205k Other major components seem to be of great quality as I have had to fix nothing out of he ordinary. Radio/speakers, AC, heat, clutch, automatic locks/windows, transmission...all of this stuff still works perfect.
Suggested Improvements
The only thing I wish was that there was more information out there on what happens when your hybrid vehicle gets very high mileage and what you can expect from your vehicle if the battery gets old or goes bad. I'm glad I decided not to pay Honda $2,500 for a used battery when mine has been fine for 15k and continues to work.