Used 2005 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

My first brand new car.
By A.Shane Travis

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

So far so good. A fun to drive, sporty, sexy car. Great handling, smooth shifting, stylish machine and you cant beat the gas mileage or the preformance of the four- cylinder engine. Excelent enginering!

Dash lights(Blue),rear folding seats.

Four wheel disc-brakes a standard item. A n optional five-speed automatic,and a six-speed manual.

I love my new Honda!
By SKIP05

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my new Honda now for 3 months. I went from a Toyota Camry which I loved dearly until it was totaled in May. I had about a week to find a new car that I liked. I have always been a Toyota girl, until I started driving my Civic. I love it. The guys at the dealership were great even though they knew I was going to have to purchase a car. The dealers at Toyota were not very nice at all. My car is awesome!

I love the dash and my spoiler with the brake light built into it. It looks like a Beamer from the rearend!!

Definitely the stereo and speakers. They are not the best. I even went and bought an Alpine stereo thinking that that would help. It did a little bit, but not much. I need to get all new speakers.

Another Great Honda!
By dougery

2005 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a life-long Honda owner. I had stints with Plymouth, Subaru, and Jeep but always go back to Honda. This little car is the perfect example why. Although not as flashy (Mazda 3), Luxurious (Toyota Corolla), or fast (Dodge Neon) as other brands, this car offers a complete package and does it VERY well. No other model can touch the the design and ergonomics of Honda. Only Honda and Toyota offer top notch quality, safety, reliablity and resale value. If your priorities are reliability, fuel economy, quality construction, and roomy interior, this is the car for you! If you want a car that is fun to drive but drops in value like a concrete balloon go with almost any domestic sedan.

Although just over 100hp, this is still a fun car to drive. *Tight suspension. *Ergonomics are excellent. *Field of vision excellent. *FUEL ECONOMY is super (this is our family comuter car). *Quality construction. The interior is super tight, absolutely no rattles or mechanical noise.

Minor Gripes: * The automatic shifter does not have a needle to signify gear (but it is displayed on dash) * Road noise is high compared to larger sedans (but average for this size class) * Floor mats should be standard

Lovin' My Civic
By vito

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I needed better gas mileage yet I wanted something fun to drive and with good sporty looks. The Civic is it! The car is tight, quick enough to be safe and drives great. I get 30+ mpg around town with the air running all the time and I don't baby it. The interior room is more than ample with good comfort in the rear. I find the driver seating comfortable. The car is loaded with engineering you can't see and deserves more credit for that. The Honda engineers put a lot of thought and design into the drivetrain which is most important. I liken this car to my first Accord that I purchased in 1973. This is that car reborn in every way for fun, drive and economy. I plan on 200k miles.

Driveability, gauges look neat; Radio and CD work fine and sound good; good road feel and nimble cornering. Great brakes. Lots of storage; AC works well in the desert. Fun to drive!

Needs a sunglass holder and an improved trunk mat. I miss a temp gauge and climate control. Better seat adjustments would help too.

Fantastic Car to Own
By Chad

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I made the change from an SUV guzzling gas to the Honda Civic and I'm proud to say this is one of the best cars I've ever owned. Very roomy as well! I'm 6'4, this is the first car I've owned that I have to actually move the drivers seat up to reach the peddles and steering wheel. Not to mention, I've more than doubled my gas mileage. Rides great, looks great and you can't beat the dependability. I highly recommend this car for anyone looking to save money and not sacrifice quality. I can't say enough about owning this car. What can I say, I no longer feel sorry for those of you who drive SUV's!!! I made the change, so should you, you will wonder why you've dropped so much money!

Gas Mileage, comfort, ride quality, features, ie 6 disc changer, nice gauge illumination, etc...

None...can't be the car and quality of this vehicle