2005 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
My New Honda Civic LX
By Steven Glatter on 01/22/05 11:38 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my Honda Civic from Rick Case Honda in October 2004. As a former owner of a 1996 Saturn SL which was starting to show signs of needing more frequent repairs, my fellow coworkers recommended that I get a Honda Civic instead of a Saturn Ion because a Honda is a more reliable and dependable vehicle. I also checked Consumer Reports and they rated the Honda Civic as one of their top choices as a quality vehicle for about the same price of a Saturn Ion. I also did not particularly care for the interior design of the Ion's instrument panel. The Honda Civic is a very reliable and dependable car for the money and I am very satisfied with my final decision to purchase a Honda.

4 Cylinders should be banned
By KLS on 01/12/05 13:48 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Well, what can I say kids? It's definitely not an Accord, not in its/my wildest dreams. I drove an Accord EX for 6 years and never thought I liked the car all that much. As a matter of fact, I used to refer to it as the most boring car on the road. What I wouldn't give for an Accord EX now! The Civic EX is a fine car; but after driving a V6, I just can't get used to feeling like I'm driving the little engine that keeps telling itself, "I think I can, I think I can," at the slightest incline, during merging on to the highway, or changing lanes. I've put 5000 miles on my Civic since I bought it 2 months ago. I will not be driving this car 6 years from now like I did my 98 Accord EX.

safety first!
By stephanie on 01/05/05 11:51 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

We decided to get the Honda Civic EX because of the awesome safety ratings, anti-lock brakes, and the good price that it was selling for. All of the magazines that I have looked at rate this car at the top of its class. Overall I am very happy with this car and would recommend it to anyone.

Bought Civic Ex SE
By JohnieReb on 01/01/05 18:12 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Chose this vehicle for its economy over my Chevy Monte Carlo. Need a family friendly vehicle that got better gas milage as I travel sometimes 40 miles one way to work. Chose this vehicle over the Corolla because it is more comfortable.

Great Car
By Dave on 12/27/04 18:51 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Driving position feels like a coupe. Tight build quality. Great fuel economy and quality meterials used throughout. Far superior to my '98 Jetta. While not a performance car, the performance is evrything I expected from a Honda and more. Very comfortable feeling from the brakes and no jack rabbit acceleration. A truely refined compact. I can see why its "Best in Class".

brand new 1st time owner
By bigdave on 12/14/04 22:23 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Just got this black little baby, and i might br a little early for a review but if the hype is true about owning a Honda i think i joined the happy Honda club. The car is fun to drive even with auto. nicely detailed inside and out. You must get black if you get the EX with the wheels. illuminated dash is cool! Nice solid ride and handling interior has a quality feel with the controls. Engine is quiet except at acceleration. bit pricey compared to competition but i guess you're paying for Honda quality. wanted to wait for all new 06 but needed a new car asap. This car sips gas like a fine brandy. Forgot how to pump gas. Shifter is the easiest and best designed i ever came across for an auto !!!

2005 Civic EX Special Edition Sedan
By M on 12/13/04 09:06 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Honda has done a number on the interior of the Special Edition--very interesting to look at. Stereo looks like a higher-end after-market (6-disc-- great bass, clear treble, multiple graphic display). Magnesium metallic with graphite heated leather upgrade is a beautiful combination. The only problem I have is the lack of legroom in the front, and I'm only 5'10"! Perfect car for small to medium sized people. Will be driven for many years to come. If you are looking to buy a regualar EX, DON'T! SE comes standard with leather-wrapped steering wheel, better radio, spoiler, alloy wheels, etc. Overall paid $17,400 (sticker $19,175).

New Honda Lover
By Kathleen Turner on 12/11/04 14:35 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I love my new Honda. My previous car, which was a convertible was totalled due to tire failure. I needed to get something that would be practical, extremely nice looking and economical. I had the interior upgraded to leather - and my car looks very smart!

HONDA
By LindzHonda on 11/29/04 18:10 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car. I have bad experiences with cars in the past. For the price of a new Honda, you just can not get a better car.

Blue Civic
By AFCOP on 11/09/04 18:20 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I love it Fun to drive and is sporty