2005 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
great
By Ken Mohn on 03/11/05 09:31 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Comfortable fast quiet roomy, The craftmanship is great. Not a hotrod but can handle great and has enough spunk to be fun. 40mpg, lowest mileage 38

My Mother's Car
By Michele on 03/10/05 14:24 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

My Mother has had her car about 2 weeks now and we have noticed on this car, her first civic but the 13th Honda in the family, that their is no light in the ignition and we miss that-A LOT!! Also, you cannot lock or unlock the car from the passenger side. To us that is another negative point esp. for a 76 year old lady. She wishes that their was more storage space up front. The car drives as well as her previous Accords so she is happy with that. My daughter will end up with this car in about seven years and their is no doubt in my mind it will ride and run as good as it does now.

EX SE 4D Automatic
By katie on 03/10/05 07:35 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

My last car was a '99 Honda Civic EX. There have been a lot of very nice changes since that model. I love the spacious feel. I also love that I have a roomy car with great gas mileage. The seat belts are comfortable. Since I am a plus sized woman, that was very important to me. The interior is a little plainer than I would have expected, but the stereo system and the moon roof easily take your attention.

Honda Civic LX
By Andrew on 03/04/05 18:10 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Great car! It may only have 115 horses but it is still very peppy. The seats are comfortable but are on the stiffer side. Gets great gas mileage.

Most UNRELIABLE car ever owned
By HONDA CIVIC EX on 02/27/05 22:31 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

After owning many Hondas since 1983, buying a 2004 Civic EX was not questioned. It has proved to be nothing but a headache with techncians unable to find the problem. It has a continuing refusal to start probem. Tech says it's a quirk that we'll just have to live with. Been at dealership several times since 6/04. They don't pick it up (they'd too busy) then say they can't find the problem because it's been jump started. Two complaints have been filed with Honda North America. Both times promised a response within 2 business days. No response to either complaint. Service techs are useless; customer service is nonexistent. Honda is not the quality car it once was.

Another Point of View
By Pilgrim on 02/27/05 18:05 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

WE bought a 2004 new in April. It had 3 miles on the odometer when we took it for a test drive. Unfortunately we did not take it on the interstate. 18 wheelers blow it around. Side winds blow it around. In the snow the rear end tends to come around too easily. If you live in the Great White North you'll notice all four doors let in a draft from the bottom as well as from the interior handles. Wind noise seems excessive. Ditto engine noise which actually buzzes the occupants. Handling was not impressive and the ride was too choppy. You will feel EVERY road irregularity. Traded a '95 Dodge Neon 5M Highline that I bought new to buy this car. That Neon did a better job of ALL the above!

Best Small Car In Texas
By Alfredo Gonzalez on 02/24/05 01:42 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I really enjoy the comfortable ride, and sporty appearance added with the rear spoiler. And last but not least, the gas mileage city & Highway are wonderful.

I love civics!
By John McKelvey on 02/21/05 13:55 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

This car is great! They get great performance out of 115 horses. Gas mileage is great. Lots of legroom even with a car seat in the back. I'll drive this car until it dies. The only thing it needs is power windows and locks with keyless entry.

Civic
By Merritt on 02/21/05 10:24 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

This car is reliable and fun! It doesnt take up a lot of gas either so it's cheap when considering many other cars.

thanks to rex
By kathy and john on 02/21/05 06:29 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

we were not impressed at first with the automatic transmission civic. it had no pep when trying to get on the highway. The service advisor told us to try one with manual. We are glad he did as we now have one thanks to him.