Used 2005 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Dependable/Fun Car
By Amanda

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

The Honda Civic EX special edition 4door manual is a really fun car to drive. The interior of the vehicle is also extremely nice. I have only noticed a few minor things that I don't like. For example the paint on the front bumper is peeling but other than that problem it's a great car. I can't wait to get another one.

Favorite Features

The interior is probably my favorite part of the car.

Suggested Improvements

None

I LOVE MY CAR!!
By Lori

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a fantastic vehicle. I am a single working mom with one child and this car has been GREAT. The price was perfect and the fuel economy helps my pocket book tramendously. Not to mention the style and comfort of the vehicle. I need room but I am also single and still want to have fun. I could not have made a better choice on a vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

None!

Great Car!
By AMM

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Civic in July and then left on a 15000 mile cross country trip. As a four cylinder car, it doesn't shoot up the mountains but more than makes up for that in its handling ability. On the highway at crusing speeds of 75-89, it was wonderful and with cruise control on, the gas mileage was top notch (regularly 41 mpg). The interior of the car is spacious, given the compact size of the car and the features (radio, AC, etc.) are convenient and easy to reach.

Favorite Features

The sunroof!

Suggested Improvements

An automatic trunk relase on the keychain!

Really love this car!
By 2006Honda Civic

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Had a huge van before. This car is so easy to drive, park & most of all see out of! Love seeing my speed in big letters! Also, can't miss the gas guage. The gas lasts really long too! It is beautiful, inside & out. Totally happy with it all!

Favorite Features

Dash board readability

Suggested Improvements

Fabric on seats too light & impracticable for soil

Learning to Love My EX
By mustache

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Just got my new 2005 EX sedan this weekend. Had to get rid of my gas guzzler as I drive 45 miles to work. I like the car so far. Road noise is a bit excessive. But the car is tight and fun to drive. Build quality is great as I have not found a single defect. I need to drive this car about 200K miles to get my money out of it. So it better last! I live on a dirt road so we will see if it holds up.

Favorite Features

Fuel mileage, moonroof, safety features, ride and tight handling. It has a quality feel to it.

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower. Pricing programs like Saturn has. 4 wheel disc breaks. How about a light in the glove box? Better cup holders for my "Big Gulp".