Used 2005 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Fine Car
By jsavage21

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

The main things that have impressed me so far with my honda is the interior design.It is superb, especially for a vehicle in this price range. The performance also is good and makes this car fun to drive. I am not hot about the exterior design, but its handling and interior make up for it. Improvements: Widen the Body design,include a better sound system, add disc brakes and remote trunk entry. (which they have done to some extent with the 2006) I would recommend this vehicle based on my experience so far-Honda does hold up to its reputation for building cars that are fun to drive, display attention to quality and detail and reliable.

Favorite Features

Interior design, comfort, handling.

Suggested Improvements

Upgrade sound system,lack of disc brakes and remote trunk entry.

My Civic and More!
By Ray Palmer

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I drive 40 miles one way to work and needed a car with good gas mileage. Also a care that was fun to drive at a great price. I found all of this in my Civic EX. I have over 8,000 miles on my Civic and it's still tight, no rattles or other noises. The instrument panel is easy on the eyes with great gauges. The trunk is very roomy and love the fold down back seat which adds to extra trunk room. The engineers designed a great car that rides smooth and looks great too. There are 3 things that is a must when I'm looking for a new car, 1 good reliability, 2 A/C & heating and 3 a great sound system. My Civic EX has it all and more!

Favorite Features

I ws told that I would get great gas mileage but never thought I would get 36-38 mpg! I also like the overall look of the exterior. Riding with the sunroof open almost fells like riding in a convertable!

Suggested Improvements

Even though I love my Civic, there are a few things that would make it perfect. Better seat adjustments for driver and passenger. Also a larger console between seats. You always need extra ports for charging your cell phone & other things, lighted mirros and less road noise.

Don't buy if you live in cold climate.
By PeeWee

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Everything is great about this car, except the climate control. I love the car, but the "heat" and a/c are very lame. It gets great gas mileage and easily holds 75 mph on the interstate. Fortunately not too much has gone wrong.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, value, reliability, resale. Car drives very well for an inexpensive car.

Suggested Improvements

Climate control. The heat is not adequate below freezing. If you live in a cold climate, do NOT buy this car just for this reason. It takes 45 minutes to get warm, and then it's only warm. Supposedly there's nothing wrong with heater, but your feet will get frostbite. A/C is not too good either

Great car and fun to drive
By Gary F.

2005 Honda Civic Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I have not owned a car in about 15 years. My truck is a gas guzzler so I bought a civic. It gets great gas mileage and is fun to drive. Drove home in a rain/ice/snow storm recently and the car handled the icy road very well.

Favorite Features

gas mileage is great.

Suggested Improvements

Stereo CD lacks serious volume. Would have liked more sound proofing so you don't hear the engine as much.

Better than expected!
By Cri

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Honda. I have owned Chevys, Subarus, Mazdas and Pontiacs. I am sold. The tag said 36 mpg... I'm getting 42 mpg city. I am one happy owner of a little car.

Favorite Features

The little car that could... it's zippy!

Suggested Improvements

Bigger arm rest for driver... cup holders for back seat passengers.