2005 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Satisfied in Arlington, VA
By Satisfied in VA on 04/25/05 13:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

The '05 model is a refinement over the already excellent '99. It is comfortable, fit and finish is excellent, and has good power for an automatic. I am very pleased with my 2005 Honda Civic EX sedan.

Great Value / Solid Buy
By David Cole on 04/17/05 00:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

This is not the first Honda we have owned. With Acura's and Honda's in the past this model lives up to the best our Honda's reputation. While slightly underpowered, a fair amount of road noise and seats that could go abit further back as the negatives still the positives overwhelm. Price, features, MPG, realibility cannot be beat.

rollback
By mare on 04/10/05 06:56 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Honda because everyone told me how great Honda's are and Edmunds gave it a great rating. I have only had it 6 months and already traded it in. DO NOT LIKE THE ROLLBACK FEATURE. If you are stopped on an incline as soon as you take your foot off the brake the car rolls back. My understanding is all Honda's since 1999 do that. I wish that would have been mentioned in the literature I read. It is a safety problem for me especially when I have children in the back seat. I couldn't drive it with that problem and nothing could be done to fix it.

New car perspective
By rsdkaiser on 03/28/05 15:01 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought this car this weekend. Beautiful on the outside, very plain on the inside. Rides very smooth and provides a nice acceleration. Great value but nothing special in the package. This is a great commute car, but not nice enough for a family car. With a few extra purchases at your local auto store you can make it like the upgrades for a lot less. Auto doors, remote starter, remote trunk pop for $179 at your local auto parts store. If you no someone who can put it in for you, you will have the next upgrade for a fraction of the cost.

Great car for the money
By Sharon on 03/22/05 16:58 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

This is the 5th Honda I've owned, and the 15th one for my family. Like the others, this one is well built, reliable, comfortable, attractive and I know it'll hold it's value when it's time for another one.

My new 05 Civic is GREAT
By tim on 03/21/05 12:05 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Qhat they did this year by adding in the ABS brakes and alloy wheels is perfect, they kept the comfort and style the same just moderized it, and it's perfect... smooth ride, good pick up and go... right along with some of the best gas mileage avaliable on the market

awesome
By brassrok on 03/20/05 21:48 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

My first Honda...very sleek and easy to drive. The dealership was very easy to work with and offered me a great deal. I would buy it again if I could go back in time with the knowledge I now have.

Great Car
By Kenny on 03/16/05 10:44 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

The car is a lower-end car that feels like a higher-end car. I feel like the interior is stylish and comfortable. The performance isn't the best, but it is adequate, and I didn't buy the car for performance. The ride is comfortable and quiet. The gauges are bright and everything is easily accessable. The car has plenty of leg room and head room (which is unusual for a Civic) and the seats are firm, offering plenty of support. The clutch is great and the car shifts smoothly. I was a former Honda hater who has now changed my ways. I will be buying Honda from now on.

Honda Civic Lx 2005
By 129bb on 03/15/05 15:17 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the civic 05 LX in Dec 04. Felt so good driving it until I got into accident. I was driving my civic on 81S PA 7am got into accident, ran on black ice lost control completely flipped over twice, felt down and hit the mountain. Weather condition seem fair while driving, just started snowing. The civic was totalled by all passengers were fine with seat belts on. I was injured by the broken glasses because I was wearing t-shirt. The airbags came out but didn't feel it during the accident. CD player still working after the accident. Second accident with my sister's civic (SAME MODEL), lost control on snowy part of the road, I was able to control but totally freak out driving civic now.

my first "foreign" car
By DX on 03/11/05 21:04 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Civic! The car has superior handling andI have the least expensive model they make with manual windows, 5 spd transmission. You don't have to buy the top of the line to get that great Honda engineering. I expect to have this car for 300K+ miles.