2005 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Honda Civic
By Ashley on 06/12/05 11:28 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I love my new Honda Civic Special Edition. I am a young mother of a small child and not only is the Civic sporty and fun, but it also serves its purpose for being a family car.

38/mpg in style amd comfort
By joel on 06/11/05 13:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I traded my 1998 civic lx sedan for this one. Comfort and economy is even more. I spent $45 at the pump and was able to travel 707 miles. That's 37.8 mpg, driving in LA (Glendale-Downey and all around). That's economy with 127 horse power. I was first attracted on the hybrid's 49/48 mpg with 98 horse power. However, I didn't want to sacrifice the 28 horse power a bit extra 8 mpg.

Good for the Cost, Reliability
By dstech on 06/11/05 11:58 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan w/Front side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I have now owned this car for close to three months and the thing that gets me is the gas mileage. Its got good functionality, nice looks--but the gas mileage is the part that sells it.

2005 Honda LX
By Rhonda on 06/08/05 15:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Vehicle is excellent on gas compared to old suburban I was driving. Would not consider for my college bound daughter though. Was disappointed to find out that the Civic had no daytime running lights(available on Canadian models though?) nor do the doors lock automatically upon driving vehicle. During this time and age you almost consider this to be part of the package, I'd rather get running lights or auto door locks over mud flaps...or pin striping

CIVIC 4DR Special Edition
By Mark on 06/06/05 16:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Large trunk for a car of its size. great little all round car. Wonderfull on gas without using the A/C. Special Edition sound system sounds great 6 cd changer built in nice touch easy to use controls for heat a/c etc. Everything in east reach of driver.

It's OK
By Beth on 06/01/05 19:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this after my husband got his VP(aka cheap cheap package). I have a higher model but it is nothing great. Sunroof is noisy, rattles and squeaky all over. The fuel economy is awesome and for now this car will do but I prefer my Maxima anyday.

Love my car
By Honda Civic on 06/01/05 10:54 AM (PDT)

I just love my new Honda.It is quiet and very roomy.The gas mileage is great.40 miles per gallon. A real plus with the price of gas!It has a nice style that looks expensive, but really was reasonable.I`ll enjoy it for many years to come. The salesman was very straightforward and didn`t pressure me.I had done my homework and had a good idea of what I wanted. I`d recommend the Honda Civic to anyone who likes a great car that performs well for a reasonable price.

Great Car, Great Mileage
By Love my Civic on 05/23/05 14:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great car! I love the CD player and the sunroof (never had either before). Some say it doesn't have enough power, but I disagree. Although I have to rev it a little higher than my VW Golf , it handles freeway onramps and the hills around my house just fine. Mileage is incredible (I'm getting about 33 mpg combined even with the air- conditioning on). I'd recommend this car to anyone looking for a solid value in a car.

Special Edition is awesome
By Donna on 05/22/05 08:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second Honda Civic. My last one was a 2002 and I upgraded to the 2005. This one seems larger and a bit higher and easier to get in and out of since I am tall. It is fun to drive and has a lot of power during acceleration. I am totally pleased with my purchase. I get around 30 mpg combined driving city and highway. You can't beat that.

Good economy car
By sunrup on 05/09/05 11:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Traded in my 2002 Mazda Protege ES for a car with superior mileage. Was not disappointed. I get combined highway/city mileage of 38 to a gallon, which is about 13 miles more than my earlier car. Thought about the hybrid at first, found it difficult to justify the higher price in comparison to the gasoline engine. I paid 16,250 and get 38 to a gallon, the hybrid I would have to pay $3K more for 7 more miles per gallon. You do the math.