Used 2005 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Best in class
By amelny

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is the sixth Honda (3rd Civic) we've owned, and they just keep getting better, cheaper to maintain and more reliable as time goes on. This one is fun to drive, handles very well and has fit/finish of a car twice as expensive.

Favorite Features

Sun roof. Sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Redesign cup holders in front seat to accommodate something taller than a sippy cup.

2005 Honda 4-door sedan
By Laurie C.

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have been in 3 crashes since I purched this car in March of 2005. Though slighly injuring my neck and upper shoulder areas, I escaped with no serious injuries. It is the safest small sedan on the market today IMHO. I generally get 35-40 mpg. July 27, 2006, I just turned over 10,000 mi. It is better than the 2 Accords I previously owned. I am very satisfied with my decision.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder is in a difficult place to reach larger cups without losing lid and spilling. Would like electric defroster/defogger in side mirrors and collapsable side mirrors.

Best for the price
By Max

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Did a lot of research and wanted something RELIABLE. Everything else was not a big deal. My definition of reliable was: asking mechanics, owners, reading reviews, and just looking at the road; how many old Civics are still on the road compared to the other makes.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, instument panel colors, overall package.

Suggested Improvements

Relocate the oil filter to an easier place to change.

Honda Civic LX 4 dr special edition
By southerngirl

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I have not had any major problems and I am overall satisfied with my purchase. The care is great on gas and overall is comfortable. Nice trunk tray and spoiler.

Favorite Features

The radio sounds great.

Suggested Improvements

Antilock brakes, more hp, higher arm rest in the front, keyless trunk entry, install lock/unlock button on passenger side, larger headlights

Beware of the lemon
By Josh

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

If you are thinking of buying a Honda beware, I bought a Honda thinking that it would be a great investment and that it would be worry free. Two weeks later, my A/C did not work properly. Two weeks after I had it repaired, it failed to start. I took it back to the dealership and they could not find a problem and I still have this issue. I have called Honda and they are not concerned with having a defective product. As soon as I can I will get rid of this vehicle. The myth that imports are better vehicles are just that myths. There is a lot of noise in the vehicle my 05 will rattle down the interstate, I hear a clicking everytime the windshield wipers come on, and won't start everytime

Favorite Features

Gas mileage. The only time I am happy with this vehicle is when I have to fill it up.

Suggested Improvements

Have a company that is concerned with an inferior product and wants to find the problems with their vehicles. Don't really care will be the last Honda I own.