Used 2005 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 167 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Bang For the Buck
By Rocky

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Well I traded my beloved GTI for a civic sedan. Needless to say Ill never buy a VW car again. Too many electrical problems. Vw has one of the worst ratings as far as realiabilty is concern. The civic on the other hand is great car. Simple yet good lookin. the fuel economy is great and the manual tranny is smooth for a compact sedan. All in all it was a good deal. Honda has always been reliable company.

5 spd transmission, Dash lights, and deep gray exterior color aint too bad either

none

Car for the Mature
By Ji Sim

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I'm 22 years old, I feel that cars these days rely on looks and dynamics. The Honda Civc 2005 LX, 4-door sedan is something where reliabilty is more focused than style of looks. This car is general purpose for familes, single, and pretty much any reason. My CO even has this car. The smooth riding is unlike anything for it's price. If you want to spend more money I would reccomend the Accord 04+. Yet compared to other cars for the price of this car, bar none.

Fuel of course and smooth riding. Everything you need is in this car, if you want a car that has a crazy cd player and something with super speed, this will do decent. But if you want that, this car isn't for you. This Car is for grown-ups and the mature.

Someone mentioned the incline of this car, yes it does that. I thought I might have messed up but it was the car. Driving or anything in life is based on safety. Be safe and aware on driving anyway. Automatic locks when you start driving would help.

Best small car ever owned
By Robert Redeker

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car for the obvious reasons,Honda reputation and great gas mileage. I was a little hesitant because this was the first Japanese car I ever bought but I guess it's hard to tell these day's with parts of the car coming from everywhere including the u.s. and it being assembled in canada. This car is everything I hoped it would be and more. We get consistintly in the high 30's on mostly country back roads and hwy's and on a recent mostly hwy trip we got 45 mpg. I do run synthetic oil and make sure the tires are properly inflated to optimize gas mileage. We have 26k on the car now and have had no problems whatsoever. We plan on trying to get 300k out of it and it looks good so far!

great fit and finish. decent acceleration with the stick shift.Fun to drive. Gas milage. only takes 30 minutes to wash and wax.

A trunk release button on the key fob.

Great car
By Matt

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

We traded in an 04 Grand Am for the Civic and love it. Its a much more fun ride than I expected, gets great mileage, and is comfortable.

Arm rests are perfect (I'm 6'1), steering is tight, trunk space for a small car is great.

Only thing on the 05 I would change was taken care of on the 06, to spruce up the dash a little.

Best in class
By amelny

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is the sixth Honda (3rd Civic) we've owned, and they just keep getting better, cheaper to maintain and more reliable as time goes on. This one is fun to drive, handles very well and has fit/finish of a car twice as expensive.

Sun roof. Sound system.

Redesign cup holders in front seat to accommodate something taller than a sippy cup.