2005 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Loving my car
By nick on 01/15/05 19:43 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased civic EX speical edition. this car is rare...so the dealers try to play with the price...by saying it is rare. But, only $200 MSRP difference gets you a leather stripped steering wheel, a rear spoiler, very nice alloy wheels, and an AWESOME looking 6 disc in dash MP3 player~~~~after driving smooth Camry V6 for years. I wanted to buy this car because of the look and the fuel economy. Overall, I'm very happy with this car.

best car in the wh0le w0rld!
By arwen on 01/08/05 10:45 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

this is the best car anyone can ever drive! its small... fast... fun to drive... its very spacious for a small car, so anything and anyone can fit in there.

So far so good...
By Chelsofpdx on 01/05/05 15:56 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I did my homework before buying this car and have to admit that I'm quite pleased. The car "feels" good while driving it and is more sporty than I've expected. The ride is a lot more quiet than comparable cars (i.e. Toyota Corolla and Pontiac Sunfire) The instruments are ergonomically positioned and easy to reach. The interior is visually pleasing. The trunk is more spacious than expected. It's the first time I've ever felt that I got my money's worth from a car purchase.

'05 Civic Value Pkg (Black )
By Steve on 01/05/05 01:59 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe Value Package 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

The fit and finish on this car is incredible for an 'economy-type' vehicle. The seats conform to the body extremely well; the car handles turns and curves like it is on rails. Value Package boasts a nice a/c, dual vanity visor mirrors and cd player. The maintenance schedule is remarkable: 10k miles between oil changes under normal driving conditions? WOW! 110k before scheduled tune up? Now that's what I'm talking about. 29/38 MPG? I have only had the car for four days, but I am excited to see how much $$ I will be potentially saving by not having to visit the pump as often.

Great Small Car!
By Acme858 on 12/27/04 02:09 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

This is a fantastic car. Beautiful inside and outside: clean, simple, and effective. The control is nice and tight and the transmission, even for an automatic, is very smooth--both typical of Hondas. The EX model comes very well equipped with sunroof, 127 hp, alloy wheels, 6 speakers, CD player, ABS and a myriad of little things that make the entire car worthwhile. Gas mileage is great: 31 City, 37 Highway. I got the car perfectly content without any of the dealer installed options like foglights and interior trims. The foglights would be nice but the installation fees are absurdly high.

Very reliable but could use more power
By Eurotraveler on 12/11/04 16:43 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Ok 6000 miles later here is my take on this coming from a Celica and a Civic Si. I definitely had to get use to less pep for starters the interior buid is ok but still missing something (dash is a little too dull + very mass production feel). Gas mileage is decent 30 miles per gallon. Rear spolier option for around $500 adds some appeal. Ok enough about the bad... The good is resale value, reliability, low APR financing, value priced and the fact that you don't have to choose from a billion options. Like with the Toyota where every thing on the car is extra. Honda does a great job by grouping their upgrades in packages - DX, LX, and EX. Overall a good buy but could be better

A Good Fuel Efficient Vehicle
By M.Satterfield on 12/05/04 15:25 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe HX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I like this car for the gas mileage and the cost of ownership. The car is rated 36/44 city/hwy; I am getting 40- 42 mpg in suburban driving. The 5spd stick shift is very smooth and is fine as long as you're not dealing with bumper to bumper type driving. Get the CVT model if you deal with gridlock! This is a great little run- about suburban type car. Plenty of power on the low end if you need it; it has a VTEC engine. I like the fact this car is giving me 40-42 mpg with proven "old" technology. The car is noisy. It could use some better sound proofing. The front seats could be a bit wider as well and also raise up a bit. The gear shift knob is a bit too small for me.

Great Car / Value
By CARBO on 12/05/04 13:03 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

The 05 Civic EX SE is a awesome!!! This vehicle combines the dependbility & affordability of the traditional civic sedan with some style & pep. Under the hood, a larger engine provides all the pickup you need to get onto that highway from a deadstop with trucks and larger vehicles racing by. Inside the 6 disc CD changer is nice and , sytems cranks , and the dashboard is cool when lit. The spoked 15' alloy wheels and rear spoiler will get you second looks from padestrian traffic so be ready!

This car is what every street tuner need
By kevinrolo on 11/12/04 13:15 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Civics are reliable and hold their value

Fun and Economical
By Elias on 11/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Great handling, awesome gas mileage and best styling yet. I previously owned a 1995 civic 4 door and this time around I chose a 2 Door.