Used 2005 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Honda Civic VP
By George Hobart

2005 Honda Civic Coupe Value Package 2dr Coupe w/Front Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Good economical car. I bought the 2-door, VP package with side air bags and manual transmission. I do not see too many manual transmissions this close to NYC. I on the tall side but not too tall, 6'-1" and I found that the 2006 model had a reduced head room and a more radical sloping windshield. My 2005 model has a higher head room and the windshield does not slope as much, letting me get into the car easier. I never liked motorized windows or electric locks, found them to be trouble waiting to happen. I bought the car to use for a long time, I hate throwing things away.

Small, new, economical car.

Offer a small car for tall people instead of having to go to the trucks, SUVs or Vans.

New Car & Surprises Not Always Good
By traveler

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased this new car w/75 miles on it from dealer. Nice looking exterior, well appointed & roomy interior. Great car for city & all flatland driving. However, it does lack necessary torque/power/responsiveness to effectively & safely climb hills, pass, & freeway merge when necessary without having at least 3/4ths of a mile or more clear of traffic to get up to speed (0 to 60mph in not seconds, but 3 to 5 minutes! Amazingly poor & unsafe performance!

Well appointed & roomy interior. Great FM & AM radio reception w/interior antenna.

Improved torque/power. Improved turning ratio. Better original tires--originals have minimal traction on wet roads-- don't even want to think about performance or lack of on icy/snowy road conditions.

The Best Car We Have Ever Owned!!!
By Carlh

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

The Best Dang Car we ever owned. We used to have a Infiniti Q45...Big V-8, fun to drop the pedal to the metal...14 miles to a gallon. When gas went to $3 per gallon, we just couldn't support the foreign oil magnates any longer. The Honda CIVIC LX 1.7 gets 39 miles per gallon!!! Yahoo!!!

wow
By Ricky Tracy

2005 Honda Civic Coupe Value Package 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Car handles great. It's responsive and stops on a dime. Head room is low and driver's seat for tall driver has to be slightly reclined to be comfortable.

Car looks great, has a sporty look and feel. Car corners well and gets up to speed fast.

Seats could use more cushioning and rear seats when laid down could be improved to provide a flatter surface.

so so
By valkyrievf1j

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car for 2 things fuel economy, and reliability. Based on those 2 things I am very happy with this vehicle. My main down point on this car would have to be the complete lack of any get up and go. Off the line starting power is poor, while the motor does pretty well at speeds in excess of 55 mph with little struggle. I don't think that this car is worth what it sells for, but so long as I can get 7 or more years of reliability out of this I will be pleased with my purchase.

color, fuel economy. Huge trunk bigger then my Grand Prix

weak motor especially off the line. Standard Fog/Driving lamps.

• SUV