Used 2005 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

New Car & Surprises Not Always Good
By traveler

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased this new car w/75 miles on it from dealer. Nice looking exterior, well appointed & roomy interior. Great car for city & all flatland driving. However, it does lack necessary torque/power/responsiveness to effectively & safely climb hills, pass, & freeway merge when necessary without having at least 3/4ths of a mile or more clear of traffic to get up to speed (0 to 60mph in not seconds, but 3 to 5 minutes! Amazingly poor & unsafe performance!

Favorite Features

Well appointed & roomy interior. Great FM & AM radio reception w/interior antenna.

Suggested Improvements

Improved torque/power. Improved turning ratio. Better original tires--originals have minimal traction on wet roads-- don't even want to think about performance or lack of on icy/snowy road conditions.

The Best Car We Have Ever Owned!!!
By Carlh

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

The Best Dang Car we ever owned. We used to have a Infiniti Q45...Big V-8, fun to drop the pedal to the metal...14 miles to a gallon. When gas went to $3 per gallon, we just couldn't support the foreign oil magnates any longer. The Honda CIVIC LX 1.7 gets 39 miles per gallon!!! Yahoo!!!

wow
By Ricky Tracy

2005 Honda Civic Coupe Value Package 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Car handles great. It's responsive and stops on a dime. Head room is low and driver's seat for tall driver has to be slightly reclined to be comfortable.

Favorite Features

Car looks great, has a sporty look and feel. Car corners well and gets up to speed fast.

Suggested Improvements

Seats could use more cushioning and rear seats when laid down could be improved to provide a flatter surface.

so so
By valkyrievf1j

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car for 2 things fuel economy, and reliability. Based on those 2 things I am very happy with this vehicle. My main down point on this car would have to be the complete lack of any get up and go. Off the line starting power is poor, while the motor does pretty well at speeds in excess of 55 mph with little struggle. I don't think that this car is worth what it sells for, but so long as I can get 7 or more years of reliability out of this I will be pleased with my purchase.

Favorite Features

color, fuel economy. Huge trunk bigger then my Grand Prix

Suggested Improvements

weak motor especially off the line. Standard Fog/Driving lamps.

Greatest car I have owned!
By ssdavis33198

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car after putting 169,285 miles on a 1996 Accord. The Civic offered everything that I was looking for and more. I drive 40 miles one way to work, 6 days a week and I only have to fill up once a week. When I do fill up, it doesn't cost me a body part because the gas tank is small. My wife, mom, and brother liked my car so much that they went to the dealership and traded their cars in for Civics.

Favorite Features

The entire car is my favorite feature.

Suggested Improvements

None.