2005 Honda Civic Consumer Review: 05 Civic Hybrid CVT

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Review

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid

05 Civic Hybrid CVT
By Kathi Mag on

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I drive a Civic out of choice, not necessity, I am disappointed that leather was not offered as an option. I had to order it as a custom item. Also, I would like to see automatic turn off of lights in the future. You wouldn't believe how many times I've run my battery down. Wish I'd opted for MP3 compatibility--was it an option? The mileage has not yet reached the advertised levels, but perhaps it's not yet fully broken in. During the recent high fuel price crunch, I was not complaining about my 38-41 mpg performance, but to date I have not reached the optimum 47/49 mpg. Overall, I have been very pleased with this car.

The seat design is made for me, perfectly ergonomically designed for my body. The controls are where any Honda or Acura owner would expect to find them. A very responsive vehicle with more guts than one would expect. In short, my Civic is fun to drive.

More luxury. Leather should be custom or an option, not a custom item. I'm forgetful: offer an automatic light turn off feature--I shouldn't have to have batteries recharged because I'm flaky. The remote should have a trunk opening feature. How about a hybrid hatchback and a hybrid convertible?

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review