2005 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Honda civics will rule the world
By sandrasmith on 06/26/09 10:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

This car has so much power. I love it. I used to drive a minivan and thought changing into a car that is much lower would be horrible. It ended up being fantastic and I've never loved a car more.

Excellent
By Tito on 02/09/09 15:14 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I drove this car for three years before I traded for a Honda Civic 2008. Worst decision I ever made. I wish I have my car back. The Civic 2005 is an excellent car, I never had a problem with it.

Front End Troubles
By Dan Polson on 11/28/08 17:19 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Fun to drive. Most of my driving is on winding country roads. At 88,000 had to have driver side hub bearing replaced. At 96,000 had to have driver side CV joint replaced

I hope this thing is reliable
By ricardo on 08/18/08 16:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Just got this thing. Seems like the mileage is great, acceleration is slow but it cruises nicely. The interior, however, is quite cheesy looking and appears to be made of cheap material. The seats are faded and the material is worn looking, the upholstery is falling off the door panels. Car shows signs of poor assembly and should not look this way at 40,000 miles and 3 years old. Handles well, but rides horribly.

Great vehicle
By Aimee on 08/20/07 10:15 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

My Honda Civic VP is a very reliable vehicle. It gets great gas mileage, up to 40 mph by my estimates. I drive 70 miles roundtrip daily for work and we use this car for every trip around town and out of state. We've never had a problem.

Excellent MPG & Power but NOT a Hybrid
By Kevin on 05/18/07 13:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

The 2005 Honda Civic is extremely cost effective, comfortable, safe, powerful and good looking. Considering initial cost, resale value, and maintenance this is the smartest vehicle on the road. I have been impressed with the amount of trunk space and passenger room. My 2005 Civic is not a hybrid but while travelling with passengers, lots of cargo, and a/c running has averaged excellent gas mileage (near 40 mpg). I recently took a 400 mile round trip in the Smoky Mountains and I averaged 42 mpg with plenty of power too. I saved several thousands not buying a hybrid and my 2005 Civic takes off like a rocket from the stop light too.

Great car and fun to drive
By Gary F. on 12/14/05 10:41 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I have not owned a car in about 15 years. My truck is a gas guzzler so I bought a civic. It gets great gas mileage and is fun to drive. Drove home in a rain/ice/snow storm recently and the car handled the icy road very well.

An amazing car at an amazing price!
By Chris H on 09/17/05 15:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I owned a Ford Escort before buying my Civic Value Package in July of 2005. The car was brand new when I purchased it and I knew right away this was the car for me. I love the solid feel and the generous performance I get from this car. I usually get just under 300 miles per fill-up in town and about 350 if all the driving in interstate. I would HIGHLY recommend this vehicle to anyone looking to buy a reliable and cost effecient vehicle.

Great Car!!
By Chris on 09/10/05 00:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Hey, awesome gas mileage, low insurance rates and Honda's excellent reputation. I couldn't go wrong. It's speedy enough, handles corners well (especially when compared to my old Xterra) and is just fun to drive. Comfortable all the way.

The best bang for your buck
By Schatze57 on 08/07/05 18:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

This car is FUN to drive! Mileage is fantastic, averaging 45mpg. Love the crank windows, as my previous Camry's were always shorting out. Stereo is so- so but it plays music. Upside is the volume will only go so high so theres no danger of blowing out your speakers. Car hugs the road beautifully. Honda reputation is what convinced me to buy. Now my family owns three Civics