2005 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
What causes the car to jerk
By kojow on 05/20/14 09:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Honda but recently it started jerking when driving between 20-40km/hour. Can anyone assist with an antidote to this problem?

2005 civic dx
By algu on 01/22/14 18:14 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car just over a year ago with 90000km on it. Now has 120000km mostly highway gets around 43 mpg. It's just a base model with 5spd stick. Work really good. Had to timing chain replaced at 95k as well as serpentine belts should be replaced every 100k. Have also replace break lines and Oil pan at Around 110k. Also just replace alternator witch is a common thing for Honda. Changed out spark plugs And oil every 5k. Over all this car is a good reliable car no complaints mechanical wise runs like a top . As far as the interior seats are alittle stiff but are manageable. It's a fun little car and with today's gas prices I would recommend anyone of this car.

Fantastic ride
By sasiren on 10/03/09 20:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

My Honda Civic is fabulous - granted I still have very low mileage as all is very convenient where I live. I just had some brake work done today at Firestone for 217 dollars. No problem with the car otherwise.

my first "foreign" car
By DX on 03/11/05 21:04 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Civic! The car has superior handling andI have the least expensive model they make with manual windows, 5 spd transmission. You don't have to buy the top of the line to get that great Honda engineering. I expect to have this car for 300K+ miles.