Used 2005 Honda Civic Natural Gas Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Civic Natural Gas - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Gas Company Approval for Home Filling
By fbaldwin

2005 Honda Civic Natural Gas GX w/ABS 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl CVT)

The quality of the US built CIVIC GX is excellent. The rear seats only two people and the trunk space is smaller because of the CNG tank. The fuel mileage is close to 31 mpg. Do not forget to get approval from The Gas Company before purchase if you plan to install the PHILL unit (home fueling) The selling dealer may not tell you about obtaining approval from the Southern California Gas Company. The PHILL can not be installed in all areas because the Natural Gas may not be approved for use as a motor fuel. It took 21 days for the Gas Company to approve the gas delivered to my home for use as a motor fuel!

The CIVIC is very responsive for only having 100 HP. The doors and deck lid close with slight pressure.

The CIVIC GX is missing rear speakers and a center seat belt.

I LOVE this car
By Dr. Mammogram

2005 Honda Civic Natural Gas GX w/ABS 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car in April. I had a long commute to work so ineeded something with good fuel economy. My last car I would have to refuel every four days, and that's if I came home and didn't drive it. With the Civic i can drive it to work and back drive around the neighbour hood do errands and still only have to fill up maybe once a week. It looks are stylish the interior is very roomy. I would say more but the car is so young I haven't really had a chance to see if it has any major flaws. But from what I hear from other Civic drivers the problems are far and few between and are overshadowed by the overall performance and reliability of the cars.

Exterior styling, Fuel Economy, Sunroof, Alloy Rims, Handling

Although the Automatic seems to sometimes be tuned for sport it could use some pickup. But then again that would change the fuel economy. One thing i have noticed when i use the cruise control at about 110-120km/hr the engine will sometimes not change gears and run for a time at about 4000. rpm's

Never buy gas again!
By Bud

2005 Honda Civic Natural Gas GX w/ABS 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl CVT)

I am extremely satisfied with this car. In California, I can drive in the carpool lanes by myself and park at parking meters for free. The single greatest feature of this car is home refueling. With the Phill compressor in my garage, I never have to go to the gas station again. It's also the lowest emission internal combustion engine ever made. It's very good for the environment and easy on your wallet too.

CNG fuel source, combined with home refueling.

Add seating capacity for a 5th passenger. Add rear speakers in the doors.