2005 Honda Civic Natural Gas - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Gas Company Approval for Home Filling
By fbaldwin on 10/29/05 13:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Natural Gas GX w/ABS 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl CVT)

The quality of the US built CIVIC GX is excellent. The rear seats only two people and the trunk space is smaller because of the CNG tank. The fuel mileage is close to 31 mpg. Do not forget to get approval from The Gas Company before purchase if you plan to install the PHILL unit (home fueling) The selling dealer may not tell you about obtaining approval from the Southern California Gas Company. The PHILL can not be installed in all areas because the Natural Gas may not be approved for use as a motor fuel. It took 21 days for the Gas Company to approve the gas delivered to my home for use as a motor fuel!

I LOVE this car
By Dr. Mammogram on 08/17/05 19:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Natural Gas GX w/ABS 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car in April. I had a long commute to work so ineeded something with good fuel economy. My last car I would have to refuel every four days, and that's if I came home and didn't drive it. With the Civic i can drive it to work and back drive around the neighbour hood do errands and still only have to fill up maybe once a week. It looks are stylish the interior is very roomy. I would say more but the car is so young I haven't really had a chance to see if it has any major flaws. But from what I hear from other Civic drivers the problems are far and few between and are overshadowed by the overall performance and reliability of the cars.

Never buy gas again!
By Bud on 05/09/05 11:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Natural Gas GX w/ABS 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl CVT)

I am extremely satisfied with this car. In California, I can drive in the carpool lanes by myself and park at parking meters for free. The single greatest feature of this car is home refueling. With the Phill compressor in my garage, I never have to go to the gas station again. It's also the lowest emission internal combustion engine ever made. It's very good for the environment and easy on your wallet too.