2005 Honda Civic Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Fun and Smart! Who Knew?
By Sheryl on 01/18/08 06:09 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is absolutely the best overall car I've ever owned (40- something... I've had a few). It's fun, fast, economical, and rates fairly well for the environment for a non-hybrid. I'm delighted with the performance and dependability, and find the design unique. As an event coordinator, I haul a lot of gear, and am continually amazed at how much we can fit in this bad boy! It's just the bomb!

Feel like a kid again
By Ed.Chicago on 02/28/07 17:23 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Love this car, would cry if something happened to it. Feel like I'm in high school again with my first car. Great acceleration, huge cargo space when rear seats are folded down, rally shifter works wonderfully, good stock radio and lots of aftermarket parts if you ever want to go faster. Feels a lot faster than 160 Hp, think they under- rated the engine.

Honda from here on out!
By tentoto on 05/19/06 19:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Honda has done it again. Wish i could afford another one.These cars are awesome. I've owned Honda products for 11 years, and the Civic Si is More fun to drive than any other Honda ive owned before. No more domestics for me. Oh and 18 members of the family as well. Thank you again Honda.

luv to drive
By h on 04/05/06 06:30 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

this is the best value in an economical sporty car. great styling, gas mileage & handling. Very fun to drive, easy to manuver... another great gem put out by Honda... the Civic SI is second to none.

Honda's winner////10 best
By h on 02/16/06 09:04 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car,easy & fun to drive,very practical. Great looks and handling, very roomy....A bargain compared to a mini cooper.

Amazing first car, but I was impatient
By Viper38616 on 02/01/06 03:59 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When I bought this car I new that the new model would be coming out in November, but I needed the car right then and there so I bought it. I love it to death it is my child, however I wish I could have waited for the new 6-speed 197 hp 2006 Si. None the less this car is quick, even with its' 160 hp engine for the first month I had it I peeled out almost everytime off the line. Overall I love this car and I don't think I will ever get anything but a Civic Si, unless VW comes out with a new R32. Man I love those hatchbacks.

Love it!!
By Sportsgal on 10/31/05 11:23 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car because I wanted something sporty but with a useable hatchback/cargo area. Gotta tell you for a small car, the cargo area is surprisingly large. Love the midrange acceleration and the way the car hugs the curves. Friends are impressed with the sporty appearance--haven't gotten one comment about the mini minivan look. Would buy this car again in a heart beat!!

civic si hatch
By tical on 06/28/05 10:05 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i have had my si for a couple years now and the car is still a blast to drive i havent had any mechanicle problems with the car except for a clutch replacement at 52000 the car was driven pretty hard and i think it would of lasted longer with more care there are alot of aftermarket parts to make this car more of a si my car is still fun because every time i have a little extra $$ i buy a part ihave aem cold air header/downpipe motor mount inserts tuff to put in but worth it the car feels more rigid/racecarish in the end i dont regret this car one bit

GR8T car!
By Fuzzer on 04/27/05 14:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Went out looking for a high-mpg honda, drove this beauty away from the lot the next day. Love the Civic, the Si is just icing on the cake! :)

Wow, better than a WRX!!!!
By Dayton on 03/28/05 16:11 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The shifter is really nice and the feel of the shift engagements are superb, even for a cable shifter linkage. Almost as nice as my friends S2000, which has direct mechanical linkage. The handling is very neutral, and the OEM Michelin tires feel as grippy as the Kumhos Ecsta 712s on my previous WRX. At least, the handling is very similar if not better, than the mentioned WRX. To me, it feels like there is morepower at mid RPM than WOT.