2005 Honda Civic Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Perfect 2nd vehicle/Commuter Car
By 20034runner on 04/01/13 07:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback w/Side Airbags (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My primary vehicle is a 4 door 4x4 pickup and my 5 day/week commute is a 57 mile round trip. I needed a commuter car. I bought my '05 Si (EP3) in March of 2010 w/ a documented 70k miles of near-perfect maintenance; 3 years later and 40k more miles, I have no complaints. Happily uses 87 octane and and with my VERY heavy foot, it still gets no less than 27 mpg of mixed driving (30-31 on a highway trip.) I've found it likes Pennzoil Synthetic blend oil the best for both performance and MPGs. Completed the 100k service, new iridium plugs, coolant flush and serpentine belt (no timing belt to replace in these) and I easily expect another 100k on this car. Love the cargo room too!

My SI
By Isemaidn on 02/14/10 07:39 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback w/Side Airbags (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I haven't done this before, but am very impressed with my Honda SI. Not only is it fun to drive (and I love where the gear shift is) but it is reliable. I haven't had any mechanical issues, unlike my VW Jetta diesel. The road noise is a little high, but with my muffler, I accept that as being my option. I only wish it was 4 door, instead of 2. With two small nephews that I constantly drive with, it is hard to get them in their car seats. I give this car an A+. Honda did an awesome job and stands behind their workmanship (so far). It drives well on the snow, as I live in the AK. Job well done, Honda!

Fun and Smart! Who Knew?
By Sheryl on 01/18/08 06:09 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is absolutely the best overall car I've ever owned (40- something... I've had a few). It's fun, fast, economical, and rates fairly well for the environment for a non-hybrid. I'm delighted with the performance and dependability, and find the design unique. As an event coordinator, I haul a lot of gear, and am continually amazed at how much we can fit in this bad boy! It's just the bomb!

Feel like a kid again
By Ed.Chicago on 02/28/07 17:23 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Love this car, would cry if something happened to it. Feel like I'm in high school again with my first car. Great acceleration, huge cargo space when rear seats are folded down, rally shifter works wonderfully, good stock radio and lots of aftermarket parts if you ever want to go faster. Feels a lot faster than 160 Hp, think they under- rated the engine.

Honda from here on out!
By tentoto on 05/19/06 19:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Honda has done it again. Wish i could afford another one.These cars are awesome. I've owned Honda products for 11 years, and the Civic Si is More fun to drive than any other Honda ive owned before. No more domestics for me. Oh and 18 members of the family as well. Thank you again Honda.

luv to drive
By h on 04/05/06 06:30 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

this is the best value in an economical sporty car. great styling, gas mileage & handling. Very fun to drive, easy to manuver... another great gem put out by Honda... the Civic SI is second to none.

Honda's winner////10 best
By h on 02/16/06 09:04 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car,easy & fun to drive,very practical. Great looks and handling, very roomy....A bargain compared to a mini cooper.

Amazing first car, but I was impatient
By Viper38616 on 02/01/06 03:59 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When I bought this car I new that the new model would be coming out in November, but I needed the car right then and there so I bought it. I love it to death it is my child, however I wish I could have waited for the new 6-speed 197 hp 2006 Si. None the less this car is quick, even with its' 160 hp engine for the first month I had it I peeled out almost everytime off the line. Overall I love this car and I don't think I will ever get anything but a Civic Si, unless VW comes out with a new R32. Man I love those hatchbacks.

Best Honda Owned
By rstbr493 on 11/06/05 09:52 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback w/Side Airbags (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have always heard great things about Honda cars. I bought my 2005 Civic Si Hatchback, because of design quality in and out. Also the stock motor putting out 160 bhp, that was another factor for the purchase. And the race design suspension gives handling a new meaning.

Love it!!
By Sportsgal on 10/31/05 11:23 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car because I wanted something sporty but with a useable hatchback/cargo area. Gotta tell you for a small car, the cargo area is surprisingly large. Love the midrange acceleration and the way the car hugs the curves. Friends are impressed with the sporty appearance--haven't gotten one comment about the mini minivan look. Would buy this car again in a heart beat!!