Used 2005 Honda Civic LX Special Edition Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Civic sets the bar
By crossfive

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is a our commuter car (110,000) 108 miles a day, mostly highway @ 70mph. We get 35 to 38 mpg. We were pretty smart in 05 to get it then. I'm 6'1 and find it ok for the hour drive. My 16 year old twins hate the back seat but that is what the mini-van is for. Ok for quick hops. We have the autotrans (my wife's choice) and that takes some getting used to when braking. It automatically down shifts and feels like an additional brake. Before this Civic we had an 02 lx and it did the same thing. A feature? The 02 was never the same after the deer strike so we traded it in. All in all, great vehicle and we are looking at the 08 Civic lx - and the boys can't wait to get the 05

Like the looks. Honda sets the bar on inexpensive compacts. Quality has never been a question. Golf clubs do fit in the trunk.

Keep the doodads down, less to break, put more into the engineering for long life.

Honda
By Flick5786

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

The only good design out of this body style. The front grilles and headlights are designed to look sportier and the reverse lights inside the main lights on the back add a nice touch. The 2005 model is far better looking that the 02-04 models.

Love This Car!
By raftgurl

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Honda & I have to admit, I'm hooked now! I love the style, reliability and fuel economy that goes along with this Civic!

The 6 disc in dash CD changer is awesome! The leather wrapped steering wheel is great too!

The road noise at highway speeds & maybe a little bit more power would be nice.

Oh Yeah!
By RoaringRed

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third Honda, first Civic ( 2 Accords)- superbly designed vehicle. Runs tight and quick which leads to easy manuverability. Clear view behind and sides of vehicle.

Six CD Changer...Can you hear the luv tonight?...Gas mileage

A little more umph...I understand there is so much you can do with 4 cylinders...but it does ride smoothly @ 80

Great Little Car
By Carl

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Bought an 05 SE LX with 5spd. Got 40 mpg on trip from VA to NJ with air on, and pushing each gear out of each tollbooth. Looking at 41-42 after car is broken in. Now have 500 miles on it. Handles great local and on highway. Has some wind noise at highway speeds and road noise on grooved road. And I fit well for a 6'2", 235lber.

Handling, gas mileage, just a fun car to drive, leather wrapped steering wheel feels so good

4 wheel ABS disc brakes, better sound insulation at highway speeds, sound controls on steering columm, more horsepower