Used 2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

What mileage?
By joefire

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car for mileage. Told by dealer that it must be my driving. I have gotten as low as 16 mpg city and 23 highway. They told me it wasn't broken in yet. Kept driving hoping for an improvement. After 3 years my average city is 18 with highway going to about 28. Straight highway driving going 65 mph from one gas station to the next about 275 miles my best mileage was 38 mpg. That happened once. Most times it`s about 28. I don't speed or jackrabbit start. I never let it idle unless needed in traffic. I have gotten use to not using the AC to help. There is never extra weight kept in the car. On highway trips I am alone. Carrs honda has done all oil changes and required work. I was lied to.

cd player, looks nice, easy to park with a good view in mirrors and windows. Good sized trunk.

Mileage. maybe the dealer could be helpful in finding why the mileage is so low. I was told by them to leave the car for 2 weeks so they could drive it in real world conditions. No loaner so I couldn't do it.

A Civic will always be a Civic
By John

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

For all of those who are looking for the "pin you in your seat performance" this car is not for you period. If you think about it most Civics have mostly been an easy going and reliable family car, this lives up to it. You get great gas mileage, and it seems pretty safe, but under the hood there is not much to be proud of. The interior is quite nice, I love the dials, and the from the outside the new look is pretty darn stunning. So like I said before a Civic will always be a Civic so besides the great reliability and gas mileage don't expect this car to blow you away.

The Red Gauges New Redefined look in the 04's and 05's Interior smells nice. Finally an armrest in this model of Civics!

MORE POWER (just try overtaking somebody in this car.)

Love my Honda
By Weasle

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought the car this month and I love it! It handles great, is a blast to drive, love the 5 spd. The ride is very smooth. I drive 80 miles round trip to work and still only fill up once a week, but I'm realizing I get better gas mileage on higher octane fuel and I only use shell or sunoco. I had a 90 Civic Si which was an awesome car but so far I like my 05 better. It picks up when I need it to with no problem and still has plenty of power when running the a/c. Hondas are awesome cars I highly recomend them.

5 spd, power windows, keyless entry, cd player, cloth sports seats, electro-luminescent gauges.

No complaints! Love my Honda.

As Expected from Honda
By Wei

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Great car to own. Love the design and the look of this car. Enough power for its size. Getting around 30+mpg no matter how I drive it. Surprisingly spacious for a small car (I am 6'3, 200+lb, and this is a coupe!), comfortable ride for short/long trips, for the amount of money you pay this car is well worth it.

LOVE the interior/exterior design, smooth ride, reliable.

mentioned in other reviews, bit more power wont hurt.

2005 Honda Civic LX-Special Edition
By Armen Hopar

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive, pick up is really good, good on gas, nice stereo inside, nice looking, and good in every ways.

5 Speed Manuel Transmission, CD Player with 6CD changer and an Mp3Player