2005 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
What mileage?
By joefire on 04/08/08 11:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car for mileage. Told by dealer that it must be my driving. I have gotten as low as 16 mpg city and 23 highway. They told me it wasn't broken in yet. Kept driving hoping for an improvement. After 3 years my average city is 18 with highway going to about 28. Straight highway driving going 65 mph from one gas station to the next about 275 miles my best mileage was 38 mpg. That happened once. Most times it`s about 28. I don't speed or jackrabbit start. I never let it idle unless needed in traffic. I have gotten use to not using the AC to help. There is never extra weight kept in the car. On highway trips I am alone. Carrs honda has done all oil changes and required work. I was lied to.

A Civic will always be a Civic
By John on 03/29/08 22:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

For all of those who are looking for the "pin you in your seat performance" this car is not for you period. If you think about it most Civics have mostly been an easy going and reliable family car, this lives up to it. You get great gas mileage, and it seems pretty safe, but under the hood there is not much to be proud of. The interior is quite nice, I love the dials, and the from the outside the new look is pretty darn stunning. So like I said before a Civic will always be a Civic so besides the great reliability and gas mileage don't expect this car to blow you away.

Love my Honda
By Weasle on 07/20/07 22:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought the car this month and I love it! It handles great, is a blast to drive, love the 5 spd. The ride is very smooth. I drive 80 miles round trip to work and still only fill up once a week, but I'm realizing I get better gas mileage on higher octane fuel and I only use shell or sunoco. I had a 90 Civic Si which was an awesome car but so far I like my 05 better. It picks up when I need it to with no problem and still has plenty of power when running the a/c. Hondas are awesome cars I highly recomend them.

As Expected from Honda
By Wei on 02/05/07 07:01 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Great car to own. Love the design and the look of this car. Enough power for its size. Getting around 30+mpg no matter how I drive it. Surprisingly spacious for a small car (I am 6'3, 200+lb, and this is a coupe!), comfortable ride for short/long trips, for the amount of money you pay this car is well worth it.

2005 Honda Civic LX-Special Edition
By Armen Hopar on 08/14/05 15:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive, pick up is really good, good on gas, nice stereo inside, nice looking, and good in every ways.

Fun to Drive!
By Richard on 07/10/05 23:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

The buying experience was a pleasure. Everyone was very friendly and helpful, no pressure. The gas mileage of 35mpg is a relief for someone who travels a lot every day. Interior and exterior design is very nice, and overall feels and looks much more expensive than it is. My only complaint is the a/c, which is not very cool on a sunny day.

Fun for $14,000 / Cheap to Own.
By Blake on 04/25/05 19:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I think if you are looking at a compact car that gets great gas mileage, you have to check out the Civic. It is reliable, fun, and nice for the price. I think you will be surprised with what you get for what you pay. The LX has all the stuff you need. A/C, CC, PW, PD, CD, keyless entry.

05 Civic LX
By Jeremy on 03/13/05 00:59 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a 05 Civic LX with the 5-speed about a week ago. I really enjoy it, but if you can afford it go with the EX for the extra power. They get equal fuel economy, but at a $3K premium it might be worth it. My LX is ok but I do long for the V-TEC, and the moonroof. I would recomend the Honda service plan. It cost me $1K but is bumper to bumper for 5 years or 100K miles. The coupe is a lot of fun to drive, it is sporty but a little under powered. This is the second Honda I have owned, and have nothing but good things to say. Very reliable, and very good with resale price. Check your insurance rates before you buy. There are a lot of security features i.e. computer chip in the keys.

Awesome
By STUD on 03/09/05 18:17 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This car is fantastic. I bought a 2005 lx special edition 2 door coupe and I love it. Its quick, looks great, and with Honda's reliability you cant go wrong.