2005 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Civic sets the bar
By crossfive on 07/24/08 06:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is a our commuter car (110,000) 108 miles a day, mostly highway @ 70mph. We get 35 to 38 mpg. We were pretty smart in 05 to get it then. I'm 6'1 and find it ok for the hour drive. My 16 year old twins hate the back seat but that is what the mini-van is for. Ok for quick hops. We have the autotrans (my wife's choice) and that takes some getting used to when braking. It automatically down shifts and feels like an additional brake. Before this Civic we had an 02 lx and it did the same thing. A feature? The 02 was never the same after the deer strike so we traded it in. All in all, great vehicle and we are looking at the 08 Civic lx - and the boys can't wait to get the 05

Honda
By Flick5786 on 02/15/07 13:19 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

The only good design out of this body style. The front grilles and headlights are designed to look sportier and the reverse lights inside the main lights on the back add a nice touch. The 2005 model is far better looking that the 02-04 models.

Love This Car!
By raftgurl on 12/23/06 00:35 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Honda & I have to admit, I'm hooked now! I love the style, reliability and fuel economy that goes along with this Civic!

Oh Yeah!
By RoaringRed on 02/20/06 20:09 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third Honda, first Civic ( 2 Accords)- superbly designed vehicle. Runs tight and quick which leads to easy manuverability. Clear view behind and sides of vehicle.

Great Little Car
By Carl on 09/17/05 20:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Bought an 05 SE LX with 5spd. Got 40 mpg on trip from VA to NJ with air on, and pushing each gear out of each tollbooth. Looking at 41-42 after car is broken in. Now have 500 miles on it. Handles great local and on highway. Has some wind noise at highway speeds and road noise on grooved road. And I fit well for a 6'2", 235lber.

KickingCivic
By BOB on 09/02/05 23:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven Civics for 15 years now and they only get better. This car just feels fun to drive, almost like a sports car, yet a fraction of the cost. It is also easy to tune because they are so popular that every after- market company makes compatible parts for the civic. Overall I give it a 10.

LX Coupe Special Edition
By Jimmy M on 04/24/05 11:05 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Bought last week and absolutely love it. I drive 70 miles a day and this car will probably save me $100 a month in gas. Fun to drive and the Special Edition package is a tremendous value for a extra few hundred dollars. It's nice looking and fun to drive.