2005 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Great car
By Eppsinic on 10/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Honda civic 1.7 liter now for more than a year. This car is not just comfy and looks slick but has amazing gas mileage. My average mileage is 39 miles to the gallon.I have put almost 30,000 miles on it in a single year and doesn't drive any different then when I bought it.

Nice Economical Car
By kurisu on 04/23/10 14:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in 2005. It has 75,000 miles. Only thing I've done on it is replace engine mount ($250); oil change, and replace tires. I've done Honda's recommended service at 30K and 50K. I have not changed the brakes yet or had any major repairs. The car gets excellent gas mileage. The car is very reliable and economical to drive. This car should not be thought of as a luxury car, but more as a practical car.

Your average car, nothing special
By TheMike on 09/11/08 13:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Yawn is the feeling I get when I drive this car, as a younger driver this car is boring. I bought I needed a cheap reliable car and I thought this would be one. After 3+ years of ownership I wish I opted for another Chevy, it would have been cheaper and I think just as reliable. Some interior trim pieces do not stay in place, the suspension creaks, recently the car has had a problem going in reverse, the road noise is pronounced, you feel every bump, the stock bridgestone tires are rubbish, the cloth seats have faded. Its a good car to get you around town and the gas mileage is decent, those are the only high points. The sunroof switch is also REALLY annoying.

I am gonna miss my Civic
By Eddie on 04/26/08 10:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I am trading-in the CIvic for an Accord Coupe in a few days and all I can say is I am gonna miss the Civic. Reliable, great gas mileage, good handling and good looks.

I love my 2 door EX manual, magnesium
By Honda.F1 on 03/18/08 08:41 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I was only going to buy a Honda or Acura. I was going to get a RSX but after much research I found they have known transmission problems. Do a google search and you'll see. I wanted something more sporty than a Civic but in the end I decided I didn't want to mess with transmission problems over and over again. I read lots of horror stories about people trying to get dealerships to fix their RSX transmission and never getting it done right or saying they could not replicate the problem. I'm very happy with my 05 EX 2 door manual. The only modification I want to do is get the Ground Control coilovers and Koni (yellow) adjustable shocks combination. And maybe a K&N intake for an extra 1-3 HP.

Reliable, but uncomfortable,noisy
By Sue on 10/14/07 15:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Honda Civic EX Coupe now for over 2 years, and found it is not the car for me. Found this out after renting a 2007 Mazda3 for a week, and discovered it is much more comfortable, more responsive turning and brakes, fabulous interior instrumentation! Over time, have found the Civic difficult to get in and out of, seats very uncomfortable, and long distance trips are painful. Biggest complaint is road noise! I've driven on the highway and been unable to hear conversations with other passengers, or music unless it is very loud! Would not purchase this car again.

Excellent Car To Own
By Steve on 03/12/07 17:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased an 05 Civic EX in Nov of 2004. It cost me a little more in California at 18k but it was worth it. I've gone on several long trips with the car and average about 420 miles per gas tank which is a little below what is advertised. The car has sat in storage two separate times for 7 months and did suffer some slight sun damage which is unavoidable in California. The biggest problem i've had with the car is a small piece of plastic on the driver's side interior door handle that comes loose periodically. I have not had any cold weather starting problems here in California as low as the temps get which about freezing. I've only spent money on basic maintenance and aftermarket mods.

Honda's are overrated!!
By BMWboy on 08/14/06 21:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2005 civic ex coupe brand new from my local dealer, and at first it was really not that bad, however after about my third fill up i realized that i was only getting an average of 22 miles to the gallon in town, i was told i would avarage 30 in town, then on cold days the car didn't want to start, took it to the dealer and of course they said they could not get it to act up, then i had issues with the passenger door panel failling off, finally i decided to trade it in for something better, which ended up being a 2000 bmw 328i the best car i have ever owned, i will never own another honda or will i recomed them to anyone.

Hondas are not all they're cracked up to
By never again on 08/05/06 20:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2005 civic ex coupe because I needed something that was fuel efficient which this one was not. From the time that I bought it I only managed to get 23 miles to the gallon in town, and on cold days it had trouble starting. The interior build quality was junk - push any where on the dash and the whole thing flexes, took to the dealer they could not explain the poor fuel economy or cold start issue, and by the way i only ran chevron premium in it. In the end i traded it in. I definitely do not recommend honda to anybody!!!

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BUD!!!
By Miguel on 01/21/06 21:05 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is the car for people who need to get around and don't need to carry a lot of stuff with them. The little engine is competent, esp. with the 5 sp manual. The EX has everything you could ask for in a $15K car. Can be fun to drive, if you push it. Seats can get a little stiff after 300 miles or so. I say get one!! A great car!!!