Used 2005 Honda Civic EX Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great car
By Eppsinic

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Honda civic 1.7 liter now for more than a year. This car is not just comfy and looks slick but has amazing gas mileage. My average mileage is 39 miles to the gallon.I have put almost 30,000 miles on it in a single year and doesn't drive any different then when I bought it.

Suggested Improvements

If the car had more power to it, the mpg is great, don't get me wrong but the acceleration on this car is all that is lacking.

Nice Economical Car
By kurisu

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in 2005. It has 75,000 miles. Only thing I've done on it is replace engine mount ($250); oil change, and replace tires. I've done Honda's recommended service at 30K and 50K. I have not changed the brakes yet or had any major repairs. The car gets excellent gas mileage. The car is very reliable and economical to drive. This car should not be thought of as a luxury car, but more as a practical car.

Favorite Features

No major repairs and low maintenance cost.

Suggested Improvements

The car can be boring to drive, but again it is meant to be an economical and practical car.

Your average car, nothing special
By TheMike

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Yawn is the feeling I get when I drive this car, as a younger driver this car is boring. I bought I needed a cheap reliable car and I thought this would be one. After 3+ years of ownership I wish I opted for another Chevy, it would have been cheaper and I think just as reliable. Some interior trim pieces do not stay in place, the suspension creaks, recently the car has had a problem going in reverse, the road noise is pronounced, you feel every bump, the stock bridgestone tires are rubbish, the cloth seats have faded. Its a good car to get you around town and the gas mileage is decent, those are the only high points. The sunroof switch is also REALLY annoying.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

sunroof switch, build quality, transmission, quieter and softer suspension

I am gonna miss my Civic
By Eddie

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I am trading-in the CIvic for an Accord Coupe in a few days and all I can say is I am gonna miss the Civic. Reliable, great gas mileage, good handling and good looks.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, handling, instrument cluster, moonroof.

Suggested Improvements

Road noise.

I love my 2 door EX manual, magnesium
By Honda.F1

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I was only going to buy a Honda or Acura. I was going to get a RSX but after much research I found they have known transmission problems. Do a google search and you'll see. I wanted something more sporty than a Civic but in the end I decided I didn't want to mess with transmission problems over and over again. I read lots of horror stories about people trying to get dealerships to fix their RSX transmission and never getting it done right or saying they could not replicate the problem. I'm very happy with my 05 EX 2 door manual. The only modification I want to do is get the Ground Control coilovers and Koni (yellow) adjustable shocks combination. And maybe a K&N intake for an extra 1-3 HP.

Favorite Features

looks, handling, excellent gas mileage, the excellent reliability Honda is known for, interior/comfort, smooth/light clutch and shifter,

Suggested Improvements

It should come stock with tinted windows and a small factory spoiler. It should also come with a much longer warranty. Hondas are known for not having problems so why not give them a 100,000 warranty. If Kia and GM are doing that then Honda for sure should be. Pricey, but you get what you pay for.