2005 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Holds its Value
By Happy Dad on 06/27/09 13:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car for my daughter with 35,000 miles on it. The few times I have driven it I have been pleasantly surprised. It is especially comfortable at highway speeds. I just looked up the resale value and it has only depreciated $1,500 in two years. I would like to see the front bucket seats beefed-up somewhat. I weigh 225 and the seats do 'creek' upon entrance or exit.

Perfection
By Andy on 10/08/07 11:35 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new and have owned it almost three years. It's hard to express my satisfaction! My last three tanks of gas got 37, 39, and 41 mpg, which is normal. The car has more than adequate power, the ride is smooth, the road noise is about right for this class of car. So far the car has worked perfectly, only routine maintenance, which is easy to do yourself. This quality of this car feels better than the new Civic.

Alaskan Honda
By AlaskaHonda on 01/28/07 14:38 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have put 14,000 miles on my 2005 Honda Civic EX, and I am glad that bought it. It has been very reliable, and the Honda dealership has had great customer service. No problems at all. I find that i get good enough traction with mud & snow tires that I don't even need to use studded tires for driving in the snow in Alaska. Despite sub-zero temperatures, it has always started reliably. It's not a sports car, but it is a sporty, well-made, polished and reliable car that saves money; it saves money by needing less fuel, by needed little maintenance, by saving the hassle/money of being in the shop, and by maintaining good resale value when it's time to sell. My next car in 10 years: Civic!

Bang For the Buck
By Rocky on 10/02/06 21:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Well I traded my beloved GTI for a civic sedan. Needless to say Ill never buy a VW car again. Too many electrical problems. Vw has one of the worst ratings as far as realiabilty is concern. The civic on the other hand is great car. Simple yet good lookin. the fuel economy is great and the manual tranny is smooth for a compact sedan. All in all it was a good deal. Honda has always been reliable company.

Great car
By Matt on 08/17/06 07:06 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

We traded in an 04 Grand Am for the Civic and love it. Its a much more fun ride than I expected, gets great mileage, and is comfortable.

Best in class
By amelny on 08/08/06 09:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is the sixth Honda (3rd Civic) we've owned, and they just keep getting better, cheaper to maintain and more reliable as time goes on. This one is fun to drive, handles very well and has fit/finish of a car twice as expensive.

2005 Honda 4-door sedan
By Laurie C. on 07/27/06 10:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have been in 3 crashes since I purched this car in March of 2005. Though slighly injuring my neck and upper shoulder areas, I escaped with no serious injuries. It is the safest small sedan on the market today IMHO. I generally get 35-40 mpg. July 27, 2006, I just turned over 10,000 mi. It is better than the 2 Accords I previously owned. I am very satisfied with my decision.

Honda #8
By Honda8 on 08/07/05 23:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

As you see, I've had a number of Hondas in the last 15 years. I can say the manual transmission is superior to the auto. The EX is worth the extra $$ for the engine, tires, moonroof and wheels. Great mileage. I get 40 on the highway. Sure, everyone has the EXACT car you do so you see a lot of them around, but hey, it just shows how smart they all are! I routinely get my Hondas over 200,000 miles and I can't imagine this one will be any different. They aren't flashy, powerful or luxurious. But they are dependable, economical and sometimes even fun! Get one... or 8 like I have.

Good economy car
By sunrup on 05/09/05 11:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Traded in my 2002 Mazda Protege ES for a car with superior mileage. Was not disappointed. I get combined highway/city mileage of 38 to a gallon, which is about 13 miles more than my earlier car. Thought about the hybrid at first, found it difficult to justify the higher price in comparison to the gasoline engine. I paid 16,250 and get 38 to a gallon, the hybrid I would have to pay $3K more for 7 more miles per gallon. You do the math.

Another Point of View
By Pilgrim on 02/27/05 18:05 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

WE bought a 2004 new in April. It had 3 miles on the odometer when we took it for a test drive. Unfortunately we did not take it on the interstate. 18 wheelers blow it around. Side winds blow it around. In the snow the rear end tends to come around too easily. If you live in the Great White North you'll notice all four doors let in a draft from the bottom as well as from the interior handles. Wind noise seems excessive. Ditto engine noise which actually buzzes the occupants. Handling was not impressive and the ride was too choppy. You will feel EVERY road irregularity. Traded a '95 Dodge Neon 5M Highline that I bought new to buy this car. That Neon did a better job of ALL the above!