2005 Honda Civic LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2005 Civic Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Sort Reviews by

Better than expected!
By Cri

2005 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Honda. I have owned Chevys, Subarus, Mazdas and Pontiacs. I am sold. The tag said 36 mpg... I'm getting 42 mpg city. I am one happy owner of a little car.

Favorite Features

The little car that could... it's zippy!

Suggested Improvements

Bigger arm rest for driver... cup holders for back seat passengers.

2004 CIVIC HYBRID
By DJL

2005 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've thoroughly enjoyed my Hybrid. Going from a minivan to a subcompact, I thought the transition would be difficult, but the trade off has been worth it. The paint seems to be extremely delicate, nicking if you even look at it! I am not getting the mileage I was led to believe I'd be getting; however, as I do a LOT of highway driving, I'm getting anywhere from 40-44 mpg, which compared to my minivan is excellent. I fill up twice a month whether I need to or not. Overall, I'm very glad I went Hybrid. Even if I'm not getting the mileage I think I should be getting (50+), I have on occasion hit 50 (rarely) but I still feel as if I'm doing something positive for the environment! Win-Win

Favorite Features

very roomy inside. I feel extremely safe in this small car

Suggested Improvements

mileage could be better plus paint could be more durable

Great
By shychinaguy

2005 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Great to drive... isn't sporty, but the reliablity and fuel economy makes up for the weak acceleration. I love the front design... the car looks like it is smiling at me everytime I see it. I would recommend this car to anyone who do not like high maintains or costs to run it (20 dollars for a full tanks ~ 400 miles). The driving it very smooth, I like how the wheel is not too tight but tight enough to give the driver a feel for the road. The car is great for teenagers like me, who need to get places without the worry that the car will breakdown. I love the envy I get from people and since the cost is low, I think more people are able to afford this car. The side airbag is an added perk.....

Favorite Features

The color of the car, the dashboard looks nice, the side airbags are a must have, the large trunk and the valet key are great. The sound system is good for such a standard system. I like the interior design. The exterior was also nice. The front looks great with the sporty lights. So many fun!!!!!!!

Suggested Improvements

The acceleration of the car, side airbags in the back seats, standard verson would be nice with more options. I would like to get a hybrid civic verison, they have better fuel economy. Add more options to the civic, I would liked to have leather seats (I had to add them separately). More cup holder.

great
By Ken Mohn

2005 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Comfortable fast quiet roomy, The craftmanship is great. Not a hotrod but can handle great and has enough spunk to be fun. 40mpg, lowest mileage 38

Favorite Features

comfort

Suggested Improvements

need a coin tray

My Mother's Car
By Michele

2005 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

My Mother has had her car about 2 weeks now and we have noticed on this car, her first civic but the 13th Honda in the family, that their is no light in the ignition and we miss that-A LOT!! Also, you cannot lock or unlock the car from the passenger side. To us that is another negative point esp. for a 76 year old lady. She wishes that their was more storage space up front. The car drives as well as her previous Accords so she is happy with that. My daughter will end up with this car in about seven years and their is no doubt in my mind it will ride and run as good as it does now.

Favorite Features

The cars ride, it is great, as good as the Accords.

Suggested Improvements

Put a light in the ignition that goes off after a few seconds and put the switch to lock and unlock the car on the passenger side.

Honda Civic LX
By Andrew

2005 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Great car! It may only have 115 horses but it is still very peppy. The seats are comfortable but are on the stiffer side. Gets great gas mileage.

Favorite Features

The instrument panel is very beautiful.

Great Car
By Dave

2005 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Driving position feels like a coupe. Tight build quality. Great fuel economy and quality meterials used throughout. Far superior to my '98 Jetta. While not a performance car, the performance is evrything I expected from a Honda and more. Very comfortable feeling from the brakes and no jack rabbit acceleration. A truely refined compact. I can see why its "Best in Class".

Favorite Features

Very simple and non-cluttered controls and displays.

Suggested Improvements

Stereo controls could be more tilted toward the driver.

HONDA
By LindzHonda

2005 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car. I have bad experiences with cars in the past. For the price of a new Honda, you just can not get a better car.

Favorite Features

I love the look of it. My favorite part about my car is the blue lights in the dash where the speedometer is.

Suggested Improvements

The only suggestions is just to make the dash where your air conditioner and cd player is maybe look a little more "fancy"!