2005 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Better than expected!
By Cri on 11/18/05 16:18 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Honda. I have owned Chevys, Subarus, Mazdas and Pontiacs. I am sold. The tag said 36 mpg... I'm getting 42 mpg city. I am one happy owner of a little car.

2004 CIVIC HYBRID
By DJL on 09/08/05 13:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've thoroughly enjoyed my Hybrid. Going from a minivan to a subcompact, I thought the transition would be difficult, but the trade off has been worth it. The paint seems to be extremely delicate, nicking if you even look at it! I am not getting the mileage I was led to believe I'd be getting; however, as I do a LOT of highway driving, I'm getting anywhere from 40-44 mpg, which compared to my minivan is excellent. I fill up twice a month whether I need to or not. Overall, I'm very glad I went Hybrid. Even if I'm not getting the mileage I think I should be getting (50+), I have on occasion hit 50 (rarely) but I still feel as if I'm doing something positive for the environment! Win-Win

Great
By shychinaguy on 06/25/05 13:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Great to drive... isn't sporty, but the reliablity and fuel economy makes up for the weak acceleration. I love the front design... the car looks like it is smiling at me everytime I see it. I would recommend this car to anyone who do not like high maintains or costs to run it (20 dollars for a full tanks ~ 400 miles). The driving it very smooth, I like how the wheel is not too tight but tight enough to give the driver a feel for the road. The car is great for teenagers like me, who need to get places without the worry that the car will breakdown. I love the envy I get from people and since the cost is low, I think more people are able to afford this car. The side airbag is an added perk.....

great
By Ken Mohn on 03/11/05 09:31 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Comfortable fast quiet roomy, The craftmanship is great. Not a hotrod but can handle great and has enough spunk to be fun. 40mpg, lowest mileage 38

My Mother's Car
By Michele on 03/10/05 14:24 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

My Mother has had her car about 2 weeks now and we have noticed on this car, her first civic but the 13th Honda in the family, that their is no light in the ignition and we miss that-A LOT!! Also, you cannot lock or unlock the car from the passenger side. To us that is another negative point esp. for a 76 year old lady. She wishes that their was more storage space up front. The car drives as well as her previous Accords so she is happy with that. My daughter will end up with this car in about seven years and their is no doubt in my mind it will ride and run as good as it does now.

Honda Civic LX
By Andrew on 03/04/05 18:10 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Great car! It may only have 115 horses but it is still very peppy. The seats are comfortable but are on the stiffer side. Gets great gas mileage.

Great Car
By Dave on 12/27/04 18:51 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Driving position feels like a coupe. Tight build quality. Great fuel economy and quality meterials used throughout. Far superior to my '98 Jetta. While not a performance car, the performance is evrything I expected from a Honda and more. Very comfortable feeling from the brakes and no jack rabbit acceleration. A truely refined compact. I can see why its "Best in Class".

HONDA
By LindzHonda on 11/29/04 18:10 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car. I have bad experiences with cars in the past. For the price of a new Honda, you just can not get a better car.