2005 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Overheating since 70,000 miles
By eememymo on 12/06/13 17:53 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic EX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I sold my beloved and trusty 2000 Civic EX for this p.o.s. in 2011. The 2005 EX SE came with 24K miles on it. At 68,000 miles (2012) with the heat on vent... heat ceases, cold air starts, temperature spikes high, heat comes back on, and gauge drops. The thermostat has been replaced twice. The coolant system has been flushed multiple times. The sensors have been replaced. The radiator, water pump, and timing belt have been replaced. Next thing to try = head gasket. After contacting Honda directly this year, I was told that a product update was given on '05/'06 Civic radiators, but "oops sorry" any manufacturer replacement of parts ran out in 2011. -_- Very, very disappointing!

Love my civic
By Ray on 01/29/10 16:44 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic EX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Best car Ive ever owned. I wanted a 5 speed trans in the newport blue color and thats what I got. I wanted a sunroof and glad I have it. This car gets awesome gas mileage and is fun to drive. I haven't had a single problem with it.

nice car for the $
By jj on 09/27/08 09:26 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic EX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Nice car over all, bought it brand new. now 2008 have about 49k miles. No problems. Haven't changed brakes yet, but it's coming. Great car overall.

Wonderful car, but...
By Durer on 11/26/07 09:50 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic EX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

The Honda Civic EX Special Edition Coupe is a really terrific sporty little car, but it's missing just one thing... oomph! I mean, it zips around just fine, vroom, vroom, and all that, but when you put your foot down, and I mean really put your foot down, it just doesn't respond like you want it to. I, personally, think a little sport coupe like this should throw you back in your seat and take off like a bat out of hell when you punch it, but the Civic just doesn't. Other than that, though, it's a totally terrific vehicle, thumbs up and 4-stars all the way

The worst car I ever owned
By Daniel Allentown, Pa on 07/31/07 11:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic EX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

You have heard about the Honda Civic lasting forever... think again. This has been the worst car I have ever purchased. My problems all began when I had to take the vehicle to get the rotors resurfaced at 7800 miles. They told me it was because of wear-and-tear. BULL. I had to replace the rotors three times w/in 50000 miles. I had to get the carpet inside replaced twice because it was getting a hole under the clutch because there was a piece of metal underneath that was not smooth. I also had to replace the button and locking mechanism for the lever that opens the trunk and the gas cap. That happened twice. The worst was when I tried to unlock it and the whole thing came out.

Good little "run around car"
By civic9 on 05/13/07 22:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic EX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I like this car, I thought this car would get about 32 miles per gallon, when actually I get around 28... 28!! Whoa! That's kind of bad but not too bad for city. Build quality is pretty solid for me. I had an 02 saturn sl manual. so this car for me is pretty nice! Mine came with leather seats too!! Over all pretty great car!! Very satisfied.

My New Civic, Although I Miss My Old One
By Punkrawkgrl11 on 06/02/06 07:20 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic EX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased a used 2005 Civic EX M/T Special Edition and OMG. It is SAH- WEEEET. I traded in a 98 civic for this one and immediately i like the design from the 6-disc cd changer to the red illumination on the panel. the alloy wheels and the spoiler definately make the exterior look very sporty. all in all I miss my old civic but i REALLY love my new one. 5 Speed all the way baby. Civics are the reason I started driving manual and I'll never go back!

civics are awesome!
By Iheartmycivic on 05/03/06 12:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic EX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I got my civic a year ago today!! It is the most easy and fun car to drive!! All though i wish it did have a couple more safety features. (ie more air bags, my car just has the driver and passenger front air bags.) it's a great car, with an affordable price!

New Civic
By Linda on 06/25/05 10:05 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic EX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I just replaced my 2000 Honda EX for this 2005 EX Special Edition. I love this car. It has so much more pep to it and it just feels tighter! It looks alot more sportier too with the Spoiler and Alloy Wheels... Very happy with the change!

My Civic
By Ricardo on 03/21/05 13:32 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic EX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

It's been a month since my purchase and I can't be happier. I went into the dealership looking to get the EX but for an additional $250, I could get the SE; less than the cost of the 6 disc CD changer upgrade and the in dash system plays MP3s! The leather steering wheel is also a nice extra. It's the perfect commuter car with some extra oomph. There's good compromise between comfort, low emissions and performance.