2005 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Works great!
By excowdoc on 06/22/09 09:20 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have over 100,000 miles on the stick shift Civic and very little problems. The best mileage I got was 52 highway with the wind at my back. Consistently gets in the 40s except in very cold weather. The gear shift is its weakest point with occasional difficulties getting into reverse and the mechanics say is just the way this transmission is. I plan on running it into the ground because of the great mileage.

Great Gas Mileage
By Had to Have a Honda on 09/04/08 10:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Daughter bought this car new and it now is just passing 30,000 miles. Drove it back and forth to college, and we are very comfortable in knowing that since it's a Honda, it will give her years of dependable driving as she gets settled in her career. Had a problem with the cruise when she first got it, but was covered by warranty. Gas mileage is excellent! 40 city/45 highway. Had AC installed at the dealer. No complaints with the car at all. Put new tires on it recently, so she's good to go till she hits 100K. Don't see too many HX models on the road, but hers was reasonably priced and worth the investment.

HX is great and it's not a hybrid
By Artycat on 07/19/05 16:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great little car so far. I just bought new for the first time in 15 years. I had been driving a '96 Olds Ciera with the V-6. The HX has more power and is heck of lot more fun than the Olds. I got it for fuel economy. I can't stand what gas is costing but I didn't want to spend what a hybrid costs. (We're cheap in my family.) Anyway, love the little thing; I wish I could've gotten green but white will do. It's the 5 speed manual which is fun after the "old lady" Olds. It's also a heck of lot easier to drive than my last new vehicle which was a '90 Toyota Pickup with 4 speed and 4 cylinders. Love this car so far. I highly recommend it.

Make an EX EXtra Special
By Kenneth Lichtig on 03/11/05 02:29 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I will be purchasing a 2005 Civic Hybrid 3Q05. This is the most refined Civic in the history of the Civics. It is not a perfect car by no means. The SI 160 hp should be offered as an option because 127 hp is too anemic climbing the passes in Los Angeles.Acura sells a version in Canada called the EL. The EL has accord style taillights. You can get leather interior,fog lamps,heated seats and wood trimed as standard equipment on the Touring Model.The EX buyer should also have these choices of factory leather, fog lamps or wood trimed dash.We have a 02 Civic EX which will be my wife's car when we purchase the hybrid model later this year.

A Good Fuel Efficient Vehicle
By M.Satterfield on 12/05/04 15:25 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I like this car for the gas mileage and the cost of ownership. The car is rated 36/44 city/hwy; I am getting 40- 42 mpg in suburban driving. The 5spd stick shift is very smooth and is fine as long as you're not dealing with bumper to bumper type driving. Get the CVT model if you deal with gridlock! This is a great little run- about suburban type car. Plenty of power on the low end if you need it; it has a VTEC engine. I like the fact this car is giving me 40-42 mpg with proven "old" technology. The car is noisy. It could use some better sound proofing. The front seats could be a bit wider as well and also raise up a bit. The gear shift knob is a bit too small for me.