2004 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Too Much For No Power

2004 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

EX Coupe (1.7L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Too Much For No Power
By car_man on

2004 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Civic just over a month ago and have put about 1600 miles on it already. Initially, I was impressed by the look of the car. Nice design, and you know Hondas are reliable. However, after I was able to really get into the car and drive it for a good bit, it became very disappointed. Honda could have done a lot more to make you 'feel' like you're driving a top of the line Civic. There is nothing better about this than any other Civic. The VTEC is way over rated and under powered. I am disappointed in this car and will probably not buy another one ever again. It is good for a commute I would guess, but my job is only about a mile away.

Styling and gas mileage.

NEEDS MORE HORSEPOWER AND TORQUE! Honda should be ashamed that they have put out a VTEC motor that is so freakin' slow! Make the buyer feel like they're buying a top of the line Civic by having more options available and more standard features.