Still going!!!
By Zoom Zoom on
2004 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)
I bought the car new, it had 24 miles on it. Now it has 75,000 miles. I have made changes to the car. All with the intent for better gas mileage. Stock I was getting 33 mpg on the interstate at 75 mph. After dual exhaust, K&N air intake, summer tires, and it's not manual (automatic trans.); I now get 51 mpg on the interstate at 75-79 mph. Seriously basically stock 1.7L with an automatic stock trans. and 89 octane pump gas, I get 50 mpg. The city drive takes a toll on the gas mileage, due to the trans., I still get anywhere from 38 to 43mpg in the city. It is definitely not a racer, but it is what I paid for. I would like to have a little more power, but saving the gas money is great.
Favorite Features
The gas mileage I get with the alterations is great. The four doors are great for extra room. The lighted tach display is a nice stock option, it just looks cool. The body styling of the 4 door is very sleek with the compliment of the stock rear spoiler, I get lots of compliments on the car.
Suggested Improvements
The hard plastic silver covering on the inside door handles, wears off in about 2 years and it is dangerous to your fingers. Alter the stock design of the resonator box, it chokes the cars rpm and mpg. Give the base model a VTEC option. Softer seats.