2004 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Good Daily Driver

2004 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

2004 Honda Civic

EX Sedan (1.7L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Good Daily Driver
By hansel313 on

2004 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for a little over 2 years now. I bought it for getting to work and college, as well as cheap insurance. The Civic is pretty slow, and I usually have to rev into 4-5k RPM to make it to freeway speeds by the time I need to merge. Freeway passing is slow, unless you downshift to 4th. Gas mileage is good, but not the greatest, but one of the better ones at the price. I haven't had any major mechanical issues, just a broken power door lock actuator which was fixed under the extended warranty. Maintenance is a breeze. Interior breaks and scratches easily. Good view out the rear. It gets you from A to B, which is its intended purpose.

Exterior. Gas mileage, cheap insurance. No major mechanical issues in my experience.

I put in a short shifter for well... shorter throws. I also updated the stereo system. Fabricated brighter dash lights to be able to read them easier. Needs better tires, suspension. Most of the complaints I have are irrelevant because the car does what I need it to do.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review