Pleased new hybrid owner
By D. H. of Visalia on
2004 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I was originally looking at the Civic EX for the exterior design, fuel economy, safety, and sporty options (sunroof, spoiler, and wheels), but was convinced by my wife to explore the hybrid for the fuel economy. Once I drove the hybrid after driving the LX and EX I was surprisingly pleased by its handling and acceleration capabilities. It didn't have the options I was looking at, but I hope the fuel economy solidifies my decision for purchasing the hybrid. I have tinted the windows and definitely plan on changing out the aluminium wheels to make it look more sportier.
Favorite Features
Exterior color and style, instrument panel, auto-stop feature, and obviously fuel economy even though I haven't seen the 47 city and 48 hwy. mpg it advertizes, but I am still on my first tank of gas and have only approx. 250 miles on it.
Suggested Improvements
Additional passenger legroom in the backseat, armrest for the front passenger, and sport package options- sunroof, rear spoiler and alloy wheels like the EX version. Relocate the top antenna to an integrated antenna in the rear window like the EX.