2004 Honda Civic Consumer Review: perfect car for recent college

2004 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

perfect car for recent college grad
By trogdor1 on

2004 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback w/Side Airbags (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has everything I want. The lack of rear doors is compensated by the folding back seats. I can easily fit skis and snowboards in there. The mileage is obviously less than advertised. I get about 24/34 city/highway, while redlining it after every red light and toll booth. The goofy-looking thing has its own personality. It feels like a puppy who wants to sprint, just give it a little incentive. The shifter is easy to reach and the suspension is not too rough and hugs corners swimmingly. I have easily fit 3 people in the back, and the front bucket racing seats are amazing. No other car I have driven has the same sporty feel as this one. And i owned VW's, mercedes, ford, and acuras.

Favorite Features

The engine is powerful enough to haul the car's weight and make it sprint at any speed. The seats, the shifter, and the interior are very thoughtfully designed. 3 cupholders and tons of shelves for sunglasses, phones, etc. The engine sound is a nice low purr.

Suggested Improvements

Make the oil filter easier to reach. I never had to change my oil at a mechanic until I got this car and it is impossible to get to from underneath or above.