2004 Honda Civic Consumer Review: My first stick shift

2004 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual w/Side Airbags)

My first stick shift
By vk2hondas on

2004 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback w/Side Airbags (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Very easy to drive even though it's been ages since I drove one. Smooth clutch/shifter action. Quieter than the competition, feels nice and solid. Driver's seat perfect fit for me. Has right amount of power with headroom. VS. others: focus - no rear head rests, cheap plastic interior, noisy mazda3 - great, but console blocks my leg impreza wagon - felt loose, closing doors caused rattles all over, uncomfortable driver seat bottom forester X - very nice overall, too much $$$, vague stick, not sure I like hill holder vibe (AWD & FWD) - very noisy, no power in automatics mini - very nice, but dealer too far, premium gas element - drives like a truck

Driver seat with great support. Shifter and clutch are so nice. Blasphemous, but stock stereo system sounds great to me. Subdued, yet sporty looks, e.g. red stitching, nice, simple looking wheels. Not for poseurs (Scion's brochure/magazine/DVD turned me off their cars).

One more top end gear (or overdrive) for quieter cruising on the hwy. Make moonroof opt., side airbags std. AUX port for stereo, or at least MP3 CD. HVAC knobs where you can feel the settings by hand. Power steering feels a bit light at higher speeds. Remote hatch release.