my 2004
By gpband on
2004 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)
The 2004 Honda Civic is suppose to be a really great buy but I have had so many problems with mine. The front strut went out on my car, the rear defroster and my cv boots are now popping. This is all within a four month period and Honda sites everything as my fault eventhough it sits all the time. I am afraid that is will just fall apart on me. The car does have decent pickup but it doesnt have a traction control system which it really needs. I think they should put an ESP program on it similar to VW's and Toyota's have. My 14 year saab is more realible than this new civic.
Favorite Features
The five speed manual is very good on this car but it needs a 6th speed because at highway speeds the rpms are too high. The gas mileage is awesome is this car. I average about 35mpg. It is really good since gas prices are predicted to go up.
Suggested Improvements
The car needs a new transmission with six gear. A traction control system b/c the wheels are too easy to spin out. An stability program because the car is unstable at higher speeds and cornering. It needs four wheel disc brakes instead of drums. Correct some of the quality issues in the car.