2004 Honda Civic Consumer Review: MPG and Styling

2004 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

Hybrid Sedan (1.3L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

MPG and Styling
By Mike-in-DC on

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had the car since 12/03 and am averaging 36.3 mpg per tank. I see that many of you tell of your 40+ MPG tanks and I am wondering why mine is not performing anywhere near that. What's the deal??? Any suggestions? As for the styling, I wanted the dealer to install fog lights and a rear deck spoiler (as offered as an option in the non-hybrid Civics) but they could not do it per instruction from Honda. I purchased the spoiler myself from the dealership and installed it myself - and it looks GREAT! I will soon be looking for other Honda wheels to replace the standard wheels.

The CVT is extremely smooth. The body styling is very nice (especially with the addition of the Honda rear 'wing' spoiler) The MPG is very good, but for mine, could be a lot better. Look under the hood - zero weight motor oil... never seen that before!

To Honda: Have the option of a sports package - fog lights, spoiler, nicer wheels, CD-changer (w/ MP3 read capability),Keyless entry like the Prius (when you walk up to the car, it automatically unlocks the doors - You guys should have thought of this first).